Possible ectopic.

babers

Reaction score
I am scared to death. I am 19 dpo and have been having pain on my left side. Spotted a tiny bit of brown 2 days ago and nothing since. Went and had a scan yesterday. Found a cyst on my left ovary and saw either an implanted baby in my ovary or the corpus luteum. She said they look exactly the same this early on. She said it is pretty rare for a baby to implant in the ovary and not the tube on an ectopic. Looked in my uterus and found nothing, but my uterine wall is nice and thick she said so that is a good sign that something implanted in it, but it is just a few days too early to see anything. They took my blood to check my hcg levels. If it is below 1000 it would be to early to see anything in my uterus just yet, but if it is over 1000, they should see something. (unless it is twins) So they are retaking my blood tomorrow. Has anyone else experience this. I am just so terrified right now, the waiting is killing me!

I was told early on I was at risk for an ectopic because of brown discharge and low numbers (although they doubled like they should). I was worried sick. On my first ultrasound at about 16 dpo they found an ovarian cyst but nothing in my uterus yet, because it was too early. about a week later, when I was 5w3d, I had some pain on my right side that felt like a sharp, pinching pain. Not wanting to rack up another ER bill, I found a free clinic that offered to give me an ultrasound, and they saw a gestational sac but nothing else. They said I still wasn't out of the woods for ectopic until they saw baby (sac coulda been a pseudosac). Just yesterday I had brown spotting again at 6w2d, so I went to the ER and to my surprise they found baby right where it should be with a heartbeat. They found a subchorionic hemmorhage which they said was nothing to worry about, and that could be causing the brown discharge. So the point of my story is try not to assume the worst, although I know its hard not too. My story is pretty similar to yours: there is a cyst (which was probably the cause of my one-sided pain), there is brown discharge, and I was told there is risk of ectopic. The odds are in your favor because ectopics, although not EXTREMELY rare, are also not very common. I'm not going to tell you not to worry cause I know firsthand that that is impossible, but don't believe that you are doomed and that everything will end badly because you really have no idea until you are just a bit further along. I went into the ER already committed to the fact that I was miscarrying or ectopic or blighted ovum, but left with the knowledge that baby was prefect and I even heard the heartbeat myself! :hugs: I hope you get good news sooner than later!

thank you dreamer22. I am glad everything is going good for you. Do you still have pain where your cyst is?

Every once in a while I get pains but not as consistently as it was. My consistent pain probably lasted about 4 days. But I've also read of ladies who had the pain through out their first trimester until the cyst went away.

I don't have any experience with ectopics, just want to say I hope everything's ok and big big hugs :hugs: xxxxxxxxx

My first pregnancy was ectopic ... There's nothing I can say to convince u that this is or isn't an ectoic, but thr good thing is that they know about u now and will monitor u for te ectopic until convinced otherwise and this is a good thing if it is an ectopic as they cab be v. Dangerous if left un monitored! Howevs, don't lose hope, it ain't over till it's over x x z

got my blood results. hcg 415 and progesterone 12.7 He is putting me on progesterone supplements which is new to me. I have 4 kids and have never been on progesterone, but they never checked my levels either. Guess it is better to be on the safe side. I was 4 weeks 3 days with 415, is that low?

got my blood results. hcg 415 and progesterone 12.7 He is putting me on progesterone supplements which is new to me. I have 4 kids and have never been on progesterone, but they never checked my levels either. Guess it is better to be on the safe side. I was 4 weeks 3 days with 415, is that low?

No that's not low at all for ur gestation, but it is def too low for ultrasound xx

At 4w2d my hcg was right around what yours is. I think it might of been 432 or 462. The ER doc said it was low which confused me cause from the research I had done it was in the normal range, but all the awesome ladies on here reassured me that those numbers didn't seem low at all. When I went back 2 days later they had doubled, and that is a better indicator of how things are progressing. But even if your numbers don't completely double, it doesn't automatically mean something is wrong. Doctors just like textbook scenarios!

At 4+3 I was at 216 and was still considered 'normal'. I would try not to worry. If you do, google Chart of hcg levels during pregnancy. It's not really how high the number gets but rather HOW MUCH IT RISES. Doubling every 48-72 hours is considered normal and if you are doing that, it greatly decreases your chances of miscarrying. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->