Possible Implantation Bleeding? Confused...

VFV

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I've read a few other posts about Implantation Bleeding, and thus far the only conclusions that I have been able to make have been shotty at best. Let me give you a little back story before I ask my questions:

Firstly, I am not one of those women who have regular periods. I do not have a steady 28 day cycle, but when I do start my period I have 4 days of heavy bleeding and 1 day of spotting, then we're done. That, at least, is repetitive with my cycle. Secondly, I am currently on Birth Control, and have been for the past 4 years. I consider myself slightly above average regarding sexual activity, and have a steady boyfriend. I am monogamous. Lastly, I miscarried in 2010, at 2 months pregnant, without showing any pregnancy signs other than a slight weight gain and fatigue.

That being said, I recently had a very strange 'period,' and am not sure if it's Implantation Bleeding or just another weird period.

My boyfriend and I had intercourse on the following dates this month: 04, 05, 06, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17.

On the 18-20th I experienced light spotting in the AM, not even enough for a pad, just when I wiped. On the morning of the 19th I had a small lite bleed, but it stopped within 30min.

After speaking with a close family friend, she suggested that I go back to the doctor to see if my body had adjusted to the amount of BC that I had been taking for the past 4 years, and possibly have the dosage upped. I was unaware that there were different dosages of BC, though I suppose that it's possible. Since my period did not happen at the beginning of the month, I am expecting it within the next few days. I am experiencing weird cravings, fatigue, and a slight headache - but I am not immediately contributing this to the possibility of pregnancy since these symptoms usually accompany my period each month anyway. I plan on taking a home pregnancy test if my period does not arrive within the next few days.

So, my questions are as follows:

1) Is Implantation Bleeding a real common thing? I did not experience it when I was pregnant in 2010, but again - my body does not operate like clockwork, so I am aware that this just might be something that my body is doing this time "because it can."

2) Does this sound like Implant Bleeding/ Pregnancy symptoms? As I said before, I had no symptoms with my first pregnancy, so this is all still new to me.

Again, to anyone that gives advice, thank you very much for reading and lending me your time. :)

~ Edit: I took a pregnancy this this past Monday (22nd) and it came back negative, however, I have still not started my period. I'm kinda confused with my body right now. Sheesh.

I'm having kinda the same problem, and from what I have heard most women do not experience IB and for those that do it varies. Hope you get some answers ��

Thank you so much! I'm glad, at least, to know that my body isn't the only one actin odd. I hope you find answers as well. :)

Hello hon. I am pregnant with my 7th child. I never had implantation bleeding until this one. 4 days after my period I had spotting just once. Then 4 days later one spot when I wiped. I thought I had cancer or something. I was freaking out. Took a test a week before I was supposed to start and was very positive. Implantation bleeding is a tricky thing. My first spotting was me ovulating I am almost sure. Bleeding can occur when your body releases an egg.
Good luck to you :)

Implantation bleeding is common, but then many woman don't experience it. Is it possible that it may have been from ovulation? Sometimes you can experience spotting when the egg bursts from the follicle. If I take my Vitex every month, that is what happens to me. I'll get a sharp pain and then boom, a couple speckles of blood. It take one to two weeks after the sperm meets the egg, for implantation to occur, so keep that in mind. If your period doesn't come within three days, take another test. If it comes back negative, I would suggest going to the doctor to make sure everything is fine and dandy. All the best xo

I had an implant bleed which sounds very like yours. It was on 11dpo, I assumed was my period. Bright red bleed for several hours which then disappeared and I then started to get some symptoms such as sore boobs, feeling very emotional and teary, period cramps and pains. I tested negative at 13 dpo but light positive at 14 dpo.

I hope this helps and I hope you get the result you want x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"