Possible latex/condom allergy??

disneydarling

Mama to a baby girl
Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, and it's a little TMI sorry.

I've been on the birth control pill for my entire life (until we started TTC) so I've never had a need to use other methods of contraceptives.

Since my daughter was born, I've re-started the pill but don't feel fully safe yet (definitely not ready for another one for a while) so my hubby and I started using condoms to double protect. We have used a condom 4 times and each time it has burned so much. 3 times I have made him take it off (which has taken the pain away), so hopefully the pill has kicked in and started working.

Could it be I am allergic to them? I've wear latex gloves all the time for cleaning and it doesn't affect me!!!

Could be an allergy to spermicide, try non-spermicidally lubricated ones :)

I'm highly sensative down there as well- not specifically to latex, but the gel (i.e. lubricant) on them. It got much worse after my LO was born- so I have to use a organic, all natural lube now-- otherwise it stings. It's possible your just more sensative there- and even though the latex gloves don't bother you, the condoms could. My friend is similar- she uses the gloves for work daily- and never knew she had any reaction to latex- till her son was born. As the nurse gave her a latex glove filled with ice to help her pain- and it made it much worse.

The pills take affect very quickly- I'm sure your fine :) I do understand though- we even had fertility issues and I forgot to take my pill for 3 days (oops) and freaked that I could be prego- cause hey, ya never know! LOL. Now I'm highly considering the IUD just so I don't accidentally forget again...

I have a latex allergy.
Any time latex touches any area of my "wet-skin" such as near the eyes, nose, lips or "down there" it burns like crazy.
I can use latex gloves safely enough, just can´t touch my face before washing my hands after wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->