Possibly a stupid question...

mayacat

Reaction score
Where does the actual baby bump start showing? Above or below the belly button? My guess is below but I have no idea :S First pregnancy and I don't have one yet, lol.

Your baby is the size of an olive. How big a bump u expecting? Hehe.
With my first I didn't show until way after my 20wk scan. You tend to have good stomach muscles holding everything in during your first pregnancy. By any subsequence pregnancies your muscles are crap and you lose the ability to suck your gut in as soon as the 2 lines show!
Enjoy being able to sleep on your belly I say ;) xx

Haha, well I'm expecting a big belly once that fruit gets a tad larger, lol.

I hate sleeping on my belly usually, thankfully, but what do you bet that as soon as I can't, I'll probably want to!

You'll want to when sleeping on your back feels like your lungs r being compressed. I slept sleeping up on a V pillow for most of my last pregnancy. I'm a side belly sleeper usually.

You'll wake up one day with a bump don't u worry. It'll just pop out while u sleep one night lol

Your baby is down between your hips behind your pubic bone right now, so LOW. After around 12 weeks your uterus comes up from behind the bone, so you have the potential to show. Some first time moms don't show until 20 weeks though! Not me I was showing by 10 (to my eye) and by 12-13 I had popped. I was overweight and I am short in the torso though.

My bumps kind of start as a muffin top haha

Bump will start low however, as it squishes up all your organs you will get a hardening way up above too. I have all kinds of stuff being squished up right now so the whole thing is getting quite round, although the actual babies are down low.

Baby might be tiny but by 10 weeks your uterus had grown from the size of a pear to the size of a grapefruit, although still really low down (hence your need to wee every 2 minutes!) I tend to get bloat, then late in first tri I get hardening above my belly button and then slowly the bottom bump catches up. I 'pop' about 13-14 weeks but I'm 5ft 1, apple shaped and this will be my fourth completed 1st tri x

My bloat started going down about 12 weeks, and I started to show a bit shortly after. It's all just organ displacement for now, helped along by my being overweight to begin with, but there's a definitely difference in photos of me sucking in at 8 weeks and sucking in at 12 weeks, despite my weight staying the same. It'll be awhile yet before the bump is actually full of baby, but that doesn't mean that it isn't baby's fault when you start looking pregnant.

Some women, though, take forever to show. My SIL was 20 weeks before she showed as much as I'm showing at 14 weeks. Everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->