Possibly a stupid question ...

pinkneon

Birth mommy xx
Reaction score
When buying toys for prem babies (like for their Birthday or Christmas) do you go by actual age or corrected age?

Oliver will be 6 months actual around Christmas so I've got him toys for that age range (with the exception of his jumperoo and playmat etc he only has rattles and soft toys now), but in my opinion I think some toys that are aimed at older babies can be used younger. I've gotten my niece a toy that says 12months+ for Christmas but she plays with a similar one now and she's still only 6 months old.

Yes, my daughter loves some toys that say they're for older children and some she's worked out how they work!! I think the age thing is silly really unless they've got small bits on them or something

In my opinion i think they go by the latest age possible that a baby would play with a certain toy but as you say unless they have small bits on them I just ignore the recommended age.

She's just sitting up by herself and I don't think she'll be walking by Christmas but would she be able to use one of these? https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us...Kitty-3-in-1-Trike-with-Parent-Handle(0083346) ... I'm not sure she'll reach the pedals though ...

You could always take her to try it out or a similar one or would that ruin the surprise for her? I'm not skilled up on anything like that yet lol, my LO is still not even sure what his hand is!

Lol my daughter has just discovered her hands! I was thinking about taking her to try one out ... But then might not be able to get her to leave?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->