Possibly TMI - Mucus plug or just discharge

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey, I am 26 weeks pregnant and today I had a glob of yellowish discharge on my panties then when I wiped there had more. I then had clear and white stretchy discharge at seperate times a few mins apart.
My partner and I had sex yesterday but he didn't hit the cervix at all. I don't know if the yellowish discharge was part of my mucus plug or possibly just left overs. I'm also feeling a little raw down below. We have only had sex a few times in the last 26 weeks - does it possibly sound like an infection or am I worrying over nothing? I'm trying to tell myself it's nothing. It's Christmas Eve here and I should be relaxing but I can't help but stress.

Hi hunnie, my plug was more brown than yellow and had a bit of blood in it to, if your not having any contractions or anything I wouldn't worry too much, but as always text your Midwife and ask her advice, maybe keep a pad on for a while?
I have been getting alot of discharge and have been wearing a pad most days. If your worried call your midwife and be on the safe side
All the best
Nicky x

Hi miss chicka. Last week myself and DH dtd and the following day I had exactly what you described, a big glob of yellow mucous and feeling a bit raw or scratchy inside. It didnt lead anywhere and there was no more big globs just the usual watery discharge. It took a good few days for the irritation feeling to go away. Try not to worry, even if it was part of your mucous plug, it regenerates itself if lost early x

Sorry to be crass but that's totally jizz, I get it every time me and my oh dtd, usually the next day!

Eta if it doesn't smell or itch it's likely not an infection. Increased cervical mucus is totally normal in pregnancy to keep the area "flushed out" and to help prevent infections. If it'll put your mind at ease just talk to a midwife though. OH and I dtd about once a week because I just feel like it at the mo, but during my first pregnancy we didn't at all so I can't compare whether I had the "leftover" issue then too!

I wouldn’t stress either way as your mucous plug regenerates until the end of pregnancy I am one of the unfortunate who start to lose it around 18 weeks with every pregnancy and it just keeps reforming it is gross lol but it also happens when you have days as well and is the left overs which is equally as gross lol oh the joys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->