Post Birth Changes?!

babygirl02201

Reaction score
So... glad to announce I gave birth to my daughter on 2 weeks ago. I've been so busy adjusting to this new mommy life. I still have so many questions. I have been wondering a lot about changes with babies. My daughter is half African American and Caucasian/Italian. She came out very light with stand up fine hair and dark eyes. wonder if this is how her looks will stay or have anybody witnessed drastic changes since birth?

usually the babies born from african american fathers and caucasian mothers are much lighter at birth and get darker over the first year of life (it is not a subtle change but a notable change). the same can happen the other way around though, with african american mother and caucasian father.

actually if you pay attention, all babies are lighter at birth than later in life, regardless of the race, also because their skin is thinner and has never been exposed to daylight before, just that this change is way more drastic in mixed race babies compared to non-mixed ones (also pure caucasian or african american or asian babies change their skin color as they grow - just think that most caucasian babies are pinkish at birth, while no toddler or adult is as pink unless they blush or get a sun burn!).

melanine production is activated by sunlight so it can't occur at its maximum rate in utero ;)

i personally witnessed a mixed race baby boy born with Mediterranean complexion (italian mom, kenyan dad) turn black within a year, and also his hair changed from this soft newborn straw-like hair to a proper afro (in fact he was the cutest little boy in the hood, i could have just eaten him!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->