Post IUD removal and trying to conceive.

Finny88

Reaction score
I got my IUD removed in November. Had my first period Dec. 8th. I download M. Cycles app. It said I should be ovulating Dec. 22. We only had sex twice because my husband works night and it is just hard to do it. I know that might sound weird for some of your. I have a son who will be 2 in Febuary. I really want to try to conceive early in the year due to insurance purposes. Anyone had trouble conceiving post IUD?

Hi. I'm new around here. I'd like to hear about this as well. I had mine removed dec 5 and still waiting on a period.
My husband is in the Army and is gone a lot. I have until February 24 to get pregnant before he leaves. Lol

I had an surprise pregnancy after having my mirena removed! Got pregnant before I AF even showed up! She is now a happy healthy 2 year old! I hear you can sometimes be more fertile as soon as its removed as your body recognizes a change and horomones are totally gone! Best of luck ladies!

i had my iud removed early dec, then period mid dec. hoping to catch this cycle being my first proper cycle post iud. no idea if it will be difficult yet!

sounds like there are a few of us in the same boat.

I had an surprise pregnancy after having my mirena removed! Got pregnant before I AF even showed up! She is now a happy healthy 2 year old! I hear you can sometimes be more fertile as soon as its removed as your body recognizes a change and horomones are totally gone! Best of luck ladies!

Hopefully I'm as lucky as you. My lmp was November 27 so I'm technically 10 days late but all the tests are negative. My doc wants me in next week. Can't wait to hear what she has to say.

I had my Mirena taken out 2 years ago and still have not conceived yet. But I also had issues with mine. My Mirena migrated up into my uterus and I had to have it surgically removed. It didn't imbed or anything, was just floating around in there. I had mine in for 4 1/2 years with absolutely no period the entire time, It was a horrible experience and I will never get one of those again. But on the bright side of it, my period came back like clockwork the month after I had it removed, I am just having a really hard time conceiving now. It only took 13 months to conceive my DS now i'ts been 2 years and still no luck. I'm not sure what to expect, I have never talked with another women who had issues with her IUD before, or if she had problems conceiving afterwards, so it's probably just my situation, you are most likely fine, a lot of women conceive after mirena. :D

Omg AF decided to show up 12 days late... I'm so excited:happydance::happydance: lol. I was so scared that it'll take me forever to have an AF after the removal. I've also decided to TTC next month instead just to give my body a little break.

Baby dust to all of us.

IUDs don't effect fertility at all :)

Good luck babes x

Popping in from 2nd Trimester. I had my IUD removed August 21, 2013 and AF started just a few weeks later on 9/11/13. I didn't try to conceive that cycle because I wanted to have a least one normal cycle for my lining to build back up since I didn't have AF with the IUD. I did however use a monitor with my 1st cycle and the 2nd cycle I actively started trying. I conceived in October in just the 2nd cycle and am currently 13 weeks.
I hope you all get your BFP soon!!

Baby Dust!

Oh and as far as skipping the 1st cycle I've had some friends to miscarry who got pregnant before their period came back after IUD removal. I intentionally skipped that 1st cycle for that reason so I had two good cycles before BFP :winkwink: I wanted that baby to have a good bed to bury itself into! lol

Well I think I'm preggo. I had one good cycle and then started to try. I just took first signal the 88 cent ones. I had one period and got preggo. Hope I do to miscarry.

I'm in the same boat with you ladies. Took out my iud in November. Started AF two days later. Benn proactively dtd alllllll the time. Am now currently 9 days over due for AF. All BFN so far. Gonna test again in the morning. Praying for a BFP! Baby dust!

I'm in the same boat with you ladies. Took out my iud in November. Started AF two days later. Benn proactively dtd alllllll the time. Am now currently 9 days over due for AF. All BFN so far. Gonna test again in the morning. Praying for a BFP! Baby dust!

Hope it is positive!!! 😄🙏

Well I think I'm preggo. I had one good cycle and then started to try. I just took first signal the 88 cent ones. I had one period and got preggo. Hope I do to miscarry.

Woohoo congratulations mama!! Wishing a healthy pregnancy. I'm going to wait until next cycle unless DH changes my mind to try this month!! Lol

I got pregnant first cyclw after iud removal and did not miscarry. Totally healthy pregnancy! Congrats and no worries!

Hello ladies,

I too had my Mirena IUD removed on Nov 27 and had what seemed like a period from Nov 29-Dec 2. Had another cycle on Jan 2. Waiting to ovulate and will start using OPK's soon. Good luck to everyone!

Finny88 are you gonna test again?

Hello ladies,

I too had my Mirena IUD removed on Nov 27 and had what seemed like a period from Nov 29-Dec 2. Had another cycle on Jan 2. Waiting to ovulate and will start using OPK's soon. Good luck to everyone!

Finny88 are you gonna test again?

I took two home test that were positive? I also went to a clinic to get a test for insurance and that one is positive too! I pray the baby is safe and can't wait to meet him/her.

Good morning ladies! I had my IUD removed Dec.23rd and had my period on Dec.25th. Today is CD16 for me and hoping this pain is implantation aches :)

Best of luck to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->