Post IUD removal and trying to conceive.

Hi everyone. I thought I would pop over from second trimester to share my story.

Background I am 34 husband is 33. I have three kids (16, 14, and 12) and husband had none previously. We decided after we got married we would attempt to get pregnant. I was on my second IUD (5 years for the first and 2 for the second). I had it removed on 9/30/13. I had a very light period on 10/2/13 for 3 days, I really thought it was withdrawl bleeding I read about. :wacko: We got married on 10/12/13. :happydance: And on 10/27/13 I found out I was pregnant which was 9dpo! :cloud9:

So I did get pregnant first cycle after removal and everything is just fine. It is a healthy boy or girl. Ultrasound was great and heartbeat with doppler is strong. I had asked my doctor and he assured me that getting pregnant first cycle after removal does not increase the chance of miscarriage.

Congratulations Finny88 on your positive!

Good luck ladies on getting yours very soon!

Hi everyone. I thought I would pop over from second trimester to share my story.

Background I am 34 husband is 33. I have three kids (16, 14, and 12) and husband had none previously. We decided after we got married we would attempt to get pregnant. I was on my second IUD (5 years for the first and 2 for the second). I had it removed on 9/30/13. I had a very light period on 10/2/13 for 3 days, I really thought it was withdrawl bleeding I read about. :wacko: We got married on 10/12/13. :happydance: And on 10/27/13 I found out I was pregnant which was 9dpo! :cloud9:

So I did get pregnant first cycle after removal and everything is just fine. It is a healthy boy or girl. Ultrasound was great and heartbeat with doppler is strong. I had asked my doctor and he assured me that getting pregnant first cycle after removal does not increase the chance of miscarriage.

Congratulations Finny88 on your positive!

Good luck ladies on getting yours very soon!

Congrats on the marriage and baby! What a year for you!! I got married 10-5-13! October weddings are so fun. This hives me a peice of mind that my baby is safe! 😊

Wow. So many good stories!
I had Mirena removed on Jan 15th, very light bleeding the 17th-22nd and since then, nothing.
I have been temping every morning before I get out of bed, and using OPKs regularly. When I first had mirena removed my temp was hovering around 97.5, but a week and a half after removal it dropped to 97.1 and has stayed there since.
Does this mean that Mirena was removed in the middle of a cycle, or does the iud mess with temp?
Any advice welcome!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"