Post-pill amennorhea? Confused? Desperate? Looking for a buddy!

Babyduck - what an arse to say that, what was he trying to imply?? I'm glad your hormones are showing signs of improvement. Are your LH and E2 low too? My ovaries were the same, polycystic but not PCOS. Wow your supplements regime is full on, I guess you get to that stage where you would literally try ANYTHING. Personally I don't do any herbs, I'm bad enough at remembering my daily vits. I would like to try accupuncture but I don't really have the time with work, or enough money to do it regularly enough. I'm pretty sure my 2nd Clomid cycle was another no-go. Boo.

Court, that is good that your results are normal. But equally I know it must be frustrating to feel you don't have answers. Do you know whether they were maybe only just within the normal ranges??

babyduck - glad to see you are still optomistic that something can be done still.
good on you for booking the appointments.
I had a good start to the day - went trying on wedding dresses - but feeling really frustrated with life and my mom at the mo. But I am planning on sorting that all out - soon!!!
:dust: to all

Woob- I don't know the exact numbers but my doctor said they were all really good and nothing was even on the borderline of being an area of concern. I am hoping for a change this cycle...you never know!!!

I came off the pill on June 13th and still no AF. I am currently on CD 47. I thought I ovulated a few weeks ago but in hindsight I don't think I did, as my temps haven't really changed.

When I came off the pill a few years ago, I seem to remember that my first cycle took 50-60 days, and they were between 30 and 40 days after that.

A few days ago I decided to take Agnus Castus a try. I'm only on day 3 so have not noticed any improvements yet....but hopefully it will either a) make me ovulate or b) bring on AF.

I wish I'd never gone back on the pill!! I will never take it again.

I COMPLETELY understand & share your same story Babyduck. I am 37, was on BCPs for 15 years, went off a few months ago and DID NOT get a period for 7 months. I lost weight from being off the pill (down to 100 pounds). My doc put me on Progesterone to start period & NOTHING!
A month later, he DOUBLED the dose & I FINALLY got it. One month later, I took Progesterone again, got a very light period & started Clomid days 5-9 50mg to help ovulate. It did not work the first month, now I am on cycle 2 of Clomid. My progesterone is VERY low- .4 at CD21. BCPs can really mess your body up!

Have you talked to your doctor about Progesterone and/or Clomid?

woohoo Af after an 81 day cycle! Boo hoo to the pain amd not being pregnant tho :(

itsy.bitsy - :happydance: that af finally arrived. I so know how you feel as mine was around 90 days!!!
I'm on CD2 now and counting down the days till SMEP begins - next friday 6 days to go!!

itsy.bitsy - :happydance: that af finally arrived. I so know how you feel as mine was around 90 days!!!
I'm on CD2 now and counting down the days till SMEP begins - next friday 6 days to go!!

Im also in cd2 now :) very light AF so far but heaps of pain. i was expecting it to be heavy after all that wait. can get my cd3 bloods done now, but they will have to be done on cd4 which i think will be fine. it started after lunch on cd1 anyway and will get it done early morning.
we wil also be doing smep but i have Lap and dye August 16th so i dont know what will happen with that. i would be worried if i had shorter cycles that it would be around ov time but i doubt that will happen, i had a 44 day cycle then a 80, dont know if i should opk just in case because i wont want to know

Hi ladies. My situation is similar to all of yours. Am 27 and was on the pill almost 4 years. I went off bcp in June of 2010 and did not get a period for 3 months. I was so frustrated. I scheduled an appt with my gyn shortly after that and I was glad he didnt say lets wait for your body to start on its own. He immediately gave me progesterone to take to induce a period. Along with that he started me on fertility pills cd 1-5, estrogen patches cd 10-12, and then progesterone again cd 18-30 at the end of that I would take a pregnancy test and if I was not pregnant then I would start the whole cycle over again. Then I would always go in on CD13 for ultrasounds so he could see if it looked like I was going to ovulate. Its been a long go at it but for the first several months my body was not ovulating but at least it was getting back to having periods. I even had an early mc in April this year. But had a scan Thursday last week and it seems that I am finally ovulating! I did decide that I would never go on bcp pills again!!! I had no idea that I would get so screwed up when I finally went off of them.

Hi Chellebelle
I think if we all knew then what we know now we would never have taken the BCP.

Itsy.bitsy - how long are your cycles now? I'm still going to be OPKing this month to double check if I OV the same time every month and with seeing Doc again next month I wont evidence either way.

Hi Chellebelle
I think if we all knew then what we know now we would never have taken the BCP.

Itsy.bitsy - how long are your cycles now? I'm still going to be OPKing this month to double check if I OV the same time every month and with seeing Doc again next month I wont evidence either way.

all over the place, 44 then 80 since going off it in march.
i was on the pill 11 years as a treatment for endometriosis, i found out i had it when i was 15 and they straight away put me on it and said only have a period every 3-6 months or as long as you can without pain. they told me it would save my fertility rather then hinder it. I only had my period about a year and a half when they put me on bcp and they were always long and irregular.

if i have a few more months of bad cycles my ob/gyn says he is going to prescribe me clomid. he doesnt seem to think my cycles are related to coming off the bcp. im having tests to see if i have pcos , i only have a bmi of 19 but they are concerned that i have too many male hormones so i guess i will see what they come up with.

itsy.bitsy - oh my gosh - 44 to 80 days - a lot worse than my cycles were I came off bcp's.
FXed that your cycle sorts itself out soon.

hi all, well, as crazy and chaotic your cycles may be, at least they're there!

In general, how long did you wait until you tried clomid? was it fairly soon after coming off the BCP?

I'm going to try and go 'au naturel' for another three months. That means ramping up the acupuncture, herbs and massages, while simultaneously working on relieving some of the stress at work. I'll keep taking the agnus castus and hopefully the brain will kick into gear soon!

Hey babyduck - I'm not on clomid. We are also hoping for 'au naturel'.
If nothing happens this cycle, I will be visiting the doc at the end of Sept. Will also be changing wedding plans and waiting while we sort out medical tests.

itsybitsy- 44 to 80 days must be tough. I am now at 49 days exactly for my last two cycles and even that is really disappointing to me. I bought an OPK and am going to start testing this cycle. I thought about temping but since I get up in the morning and such different hours- I hear it won't be very consistent anyways. I am crossing my fingers for a shorter cycle this time. If not, I am going to go back to the doctor and see if we can start doing some additional tests etc.

My husbands best friend just told us this weekend they are expecting a baby...it totally bummed me out which I hate to admit so I am hoping that I can get a better handle on what is going on with me.

hun---go to the doctor, i was in the same boat and my body couldnt get back to normal without clomid....still waiting on bfp with clomid but at least i tae provera to get a period and flush my body of the lining that is building up.....so go and tell them you have not had it, if they are good they will at least begin looking into it with tests.

yeah all that waiting and i didnt ov in either cycle. i still have my fingers crossed for natural and am taking all the herbs my naturopath has told me to. im waiting on Dh's SA an hopeing that at least comes back good so we can have something positive to work with

So - silly question from me... does clomid stimulate ovulation, or just a menstruation?
I obviously need to do some research!!!

p.s. in chats to my naturopath, she said that the ideal dosage for agnus castus was 180mmg per day. I thought this was interesting, because a number of people on this blog have mentioned they take up to 400mmg. Apparently the latest research says that 180mmg is the most effective dosage. Interesting huh!

Second appt today at the gynaecologist revealed polycystic ovaries (but not PCOS). Hormone levels improving, but still not high enough FSH to get things cracking!
The bluntness of my gynaecologist was astounding but well-intended... "Do you want to get pregnant?" My hesitation surprised me! If I'm thinking ideal date, then it would be mid-year 2012... but hey, can beggars be choosers? I'd just love to ovulate at this point in my life and know that things are 'in order!' :wacko: Had a second scan for peace of mind which revealed my lazy follicles just hanging out, not really bothered in relocating.... :shrug:
So.. backed up the appointment with a trip to the naturopath, and she was pleased with the latest hormone test results. However, beefing up the herbs and got some formulas, along with the angus castus, iron, pre-natal vitamins, and a few other bits and pieces.
I've got a reflexology appointment booked at the same fertility clinic in a few weeks - and plan on trying out a mayan abdominal massage for sh*ts and giggles... gotta laugh my way through this or i might cry! (also booked in for a counselling session too!)

How's everyone else going today? May the BFNs be coming thick and fast!

Hey BabyDuck, same kinda situation for me - haven't had AF since coming off BCPs. My last AF was March 2010. Was diagnosed with PCO. After loads of blood tests, scans, HSG and then more recently suffering from a large ovarian cyst which ruptured, the gynae has put me on provera to bring on AF and then clomid days 2-6. So I'm remaining hopeful. I do believe a lot of it has to do with stress but it's hard to relax when you want something so bad... I did try the au naturel approach in the beginning but I guess I'm just too impatient...

Here's hoping it works for you xxxx

Hey babyduck, I think clomid stimulates follicles to aid in ovulation, but thats my understanding of clomid.

How are you all doing?? Hope you have a great day.
:hugs: and :dust: to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->