Post-pill amennorhea? Confused? Desperate? Looking for a buddy!

Hi all, I'm ttc #2 and after being on my bcp (microgynon) it took us 2 1/2 years to conceive our 1st. It's so frustrating..in the end I just had to try my best not to think about things too much and it happened eventually. Harder said than done right?
Now ttc#2 I'm finding things harder..thought I would be 'super furtile' (as everyone kept telling me) and all I've had is bfn!! AF still haven't settled and I haven't had one for over two months now. Just want to get on with things!! Xx

Hi Amber -
Yeah coming off BCP's can take a good few months to get your natural cycle back on track. So hang in there - AF will come along. I would advice if it doesnt arrive in the next 4 weeks to visit your doc.

So Glad i have this site thought i was the only one i had my mirena removed Aug '10 a year ago at end of month hav been TTC since then got BFP in March but had a missed miscarriage in Apr'11 throughout all this i never had an AF and still waiting on one although i hav had blood tests done and i am ovulating apparently and still trying. It is so frustrating i hav spent a small fortune on OPK's as i use them all the time to see is i hav ovulated. Got a positive OPK on 1 August so all is crossed this month if not hope i get AF, Doc has prescribed clomid for me to start have already tried provera to bring AF on but didn't work.

Fingers crossed for you mummygabby!
Looks like you are getting all the right signals. I'm still waiting!
Ironic that someone at work commented that i was 'glowing' and looking 'much happier'... isn't it hilarious! I think they are trying to get first dibs on "I KNEW she was pregnant..." but little do they know - I'm not even in the game yet until I ovulate!
Went to the counsellor this week, had a good discussion about perspective and thinking about this year as 'preparing the ground'... apt, really... so am concentrating on getting things settled. Work, life, etc etc... and then I'm sure it will all fall into place.
Kinesiology on Sunday - my friend at work who recommended said "Get ready to bawl your eyes out - it's intense!!!"
Shall take tissues...
Hope you're all well - updates?!?

got my cd 3 blood tests back, not in detail but my prolactin is apparently elevated, ob/gyn said he isnt concerned about it at this stage and might test again at a later time. Count down is on for lap and dye 12 days to go

I am now on cd12 and a week away from my lap & dye. im starting to worry because i will be on cd19 when its done and if i do ov this cycle im hopeing its not before then! im doing one opk a day around 2pm and so far nothing. Skin is starting to break out more tho

I am so glad to find this thread and realize I am not alone! I came off the pill (nuvaring) 3 months ago and no sign of AF. Every last one of my girlfriends had their AF within 6 weeks of stopping pill, so I really felt like an anomaly!
I started charting about 6 weeks ago, hoping to get a handle on what is going on in my body and there has been no ovulation yet. I am going to my OB in 2 weeks and hopefully they can check my levels and see what is going on. I worry that they are going to brush me off and tell me to wait another few months, but I was normal before going on pill (~10 yrs ago) and just want to make sure everything is functioning OK.
Does anyone know what tests they should run? I want to make sure they are thorough but I don't really know what thorough means like at this point! I am 31 and really want to get pregnant ASAP, I guess I thought (as I have heard anecdotally from SO many people) that you are the most fertile the month you come off the pill. BOY was I ever wrong!!!!

Hi all...
No, Cece15 - you're definitely not alone! I had no idea there were so many others out there with the same 'condition' (? is that the right term?) in fact, they seem to come out of the woodwork when you do mention it to the right friends...
I'm now six months off the BCP (Levlen) and still no sign of AF either. What are you charting? THis is something I don't really understand! Is it just temperature? I'm a novice!!
The tests I've had done were the full gamut of hormones, plus glucose fasting (to determine insulin resistance), and now I've got a script to get the ovarian reserve test done. I am going to wait a few weeks before I have it done, because I want to get a gynaecologist first... the one I have isn't great - and I have had to realise - if I'm in this for the long haul, then I want to be seeing someone I trust!
I'm 32, and thought I would get pregnant like "that" - but, I guess there's always another story...
Have just had my weekly acupuncture treatment, have been feeling some pangs, and hoping that it's the magical AF getting into gear... fingers and toes crossed that something is happening!
:)

Babyduck - has the acupuncture helped with your cycles?

Hi Babyduck, I have diligently been charting my basal body temperature every morning (at 5:30 am) to see if there is any temperature change which would indicate ovulation, and, ultimately, the long-awaited guest appearance of the elusive AF!!!!! Never thought I would want to see her so badly! Lol!
My best friend called me this morning-she got her first BFP...so happy for her but this officially makes me the ONLY one of my group of besties NOT preggo or with a baby. Depressing!!!
Babyduck-did all your test results come back with no problem? I have been going to acupuncture the last month, drinking the herbs, etc. My acupuncturist said the longest she has seen anyone go sans AF was a year...I don't know if I am that patient (or if I have that much $ to spend on acupuncture!!).
My doctor is probably going to think I am so annoying but I am going to ask for every test known to man! Ready to get this show on the road!!! Lol!

I am now on cd12 and a week away from my lap & dye. im starting to worry because i will be on cd19 when its done and if i do ov this cycle im hopeing its not before then! im doing one opk a day around 2pm and so far nothing. Skin is starting to break out more tho

How did the lap and dye go?? Hopefully good news! :thumbup:

Babyduck - has the acupuncture helped with your cycles?

Hiya, well, still no cycles / AF to speak of, but the acupuncture has done wonders for stress and I'm feeling healthier than I have for a long time!

I am currently on 'patent pills', which are TCM herbs, but nowhere near as strong or as effective as the raw herbs. I just don't have the time to cook the raw ones, and they stink out the apartment!

IT's worth trying = studies have been done that show acupuncture means you are more likely to conceive (if you have a session after ovulation/BD), most likely because you are less stressed, more relaxed, and therefore conducive to pregnancy....

HOpe that helps - everyone's experience is different!

Righto, then it's time to dig out the thermometer and give it a whirl! How interesting.... it's bmeant to go up a degree when you ovulate, isn't it?

I'm in the same boat - all marrieds are smug marrieds with children/preg at the moment, but I have a few friends in the same situation. It's so hard when you aren't even seeing an AF.... I think I'll give it a few more months then have to try the Clomid (although not my ideal situation). Still trying for au naturel!

:shrug:

Don't quote me on this but I think temp is supposed to go up like .4 degrees from the highest of the past six temps and stay there for like 4 days or something. I just look for a thermal shift though. Unfortunately mine looks like a sawblade! There are a bunch of iPhone apps you can download if you have an iPhone that make it really easy or you can do it online at sites like fertilityfriend.com.
It is kind of depressing though, seeing no shift but it at least gives me SOME sense of "control," knowing what is going on! :)

OK, I went to the OB today and he did a sonogram. My uterine lining is thin, which he said was good (?) and my ovaries look normal. He said they look good and there are follicles in there. He explained that after being on birth control for 10 years, the receptors in my brain that make ovulation happen have gone dormant. He said it could take up to a year for my brain to get the memo!!!!
He said we could either wait it out, probably 4-6 months, for my brain to realize what it is supposed to do, or take medicine to "kick-start" it. Soooo....imaptient as I am, I opted for the kick-start option. Sorry but I just don't have the patience to constantly obsess about this for that much longer!
He put me on Femara 2.5 mg starting today (he crowned today "cd 3"...even though it is technically cd 90-haha). I will take for 5 days, go in for another ultrasound at cd13, then start using OPKs, BD whenever it says to, then have blood drawn on cd29 to see if I ovulated. I chart my temps every morning so I will be able to tell, but the doc I guess wants tangible confirmation! I am excited, I will let you ladies know how it goes!!!

Hey that's great Cece, I hope that everything falls into place for you!
can't believe I'm so stubborn and insistent on waiting it out... am convinced my brain is going to get the memo in the next few months. But, I'm starting to get a little impatient... so I'm probably not far behind you in making that appointment with the gyne for some kick-start magic!

So that means I must be cd210... !!! What naivety!

Take care of yourself and do what the doctor orders! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->