Post-pill irregular cycles support thread!!

MrsH1984

Reaction score
Calling all post-pill ladies who are going crazy with the dreaded irregular cycles!!!

I know how frustrating irregular cycles are after coming off BCP, so thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can all support eachother and chat about what we are all trying to regulate them!

Feel free to give a little info on when you came off BCP, what your cycles have been like, and what you have tried!

I'll go first...

I came off BCP Feb-10 and cycles have been - 41, 44, 41, 55, 70 and I'm on CD59 today so far of this cycle. This is 3rd month tracking, and no evidence of ovulation. I took soy isoflavones this cycle, but seems to have done nothing!

Anyone else?

Anyone who has been on BCP and had irregular cycles but have now become regular please also feel free to join, to give us some hope/ advice etc !!! xxx

Didn't you just know I'd be the first here? :rofl:

I stopped taking the pill in September 2010. I had my withdrawal bleed on 16-18 September. My first cycle off the pill was 37 days - we were NTNP so I didn't track my ovulation. The next cycle was 39 days - ov on cd29. This is my 3rd cycle and I'm on to cd40 with no ovulation as yet.

I took soy cd3-7 this cycle and it hasn't helped at all. I started taking Agnus Castus on cd36 this cycle and FX it works and O is just round the corner.

I was on Microgynon for around 15 years without a break :dohh:

hi mrsh
I came off BCP on Feb 2010 too. It was 30-32 days at first but for the past 5-6 months it's been regular 28 day cycles.
It's been almost a year for you too and your cycles are really long.It's ok to have irregular cycles in the first couple of months but after a year seems long. My doctor told me that cycles more than 35-40 days should be treated. Did you talk to your doctor recently?
I don't want to upset you but sometimes PCOS causes long and irregular cycles. If I were you I'd go to my doctor as soon as possible.
I hope this helps! Good luck hun!

Didn't you just know I'd be the first here? :rofl:

I stopped taking the pill in September 2010. I had my withdrawal bleed on 16-18 September. My first cycle off the pill was 37 days - we were NTNP so I didn't track my ovulation. The next cycle was 39 days - ov on cd29. This is my 3rd cycle and I'm on to cd40 with no ovulation as yet.

I took soy cd3-7 this cycle and it hasn't helped at all. I started taking Agnus Castus on cd36 this cycle and FX it works and O is just round the corner.

I was on Microgynon for around 15 years without a break :dohh:

Haha Katie, I could have added you to the site myself!!!!! :haha:

Forgot to say I was on Microgynon too!

hi mrsh
I came off BCP on Feb 2010 too. It was 30-32 days at first but for the past 5-6 months it's been regular 28 day cycles.
It's been almost a year for you too and your cycles are really long.It's ok to have irregular cycles in the first couple of months but after a year seems long. My doctor told me that cycles more than 35-40 days should be treated. Did you talk to your doctor recently?
I don't want to upset you but sometimes PCOS causes long and irregular cycles. If I were you I'd go to my doctor as soon as possible.
I hope this helps! Good luck hun!

Hi moonlisa81 :hi:

Don't worry, you're not going to scare me any more than I already am! I went to the docs after 6mths but he told me it was normal, and can take upto a year to regulate! I tried to tell him that I didn't like the idea of waiting a year to sort my cycles but he was adamant, and just made me feel like I was being hyper-sensitive/ impatient! I know the norm is to wait upto a year for trying, but to have weird cycles doesn't seem right to me!? Needless to say, I'll be seeing a diff doctor next time!!

Can I ask you where you're from? UK/ US etc? If UK, what region? I know from reading posts on here that doctors have a very different viewpoint on things like this.

Good news that yours regulated themselves quite soon :thimbup: How is the "trying" going now? xxx

I plan to go to the doctor once I've skipped 2 periods..which going on my average post-pill cycle would be cd76. I really really hope it doesn't come to that...doctors that allowed me to stay on the pill for 15 years without a break and no warning of how long it would take to get things back on track do not fill me with confidence!!

I agree with you. Doctors sometimes don't get us.
I am from Turkey. So, our doctors would be really different I guess :haha:
Yes, my cycles regulated themselves quickly but still nothing. I use OPKs, temp, etc. THis TTC stuff can be soo stressing. I got my first positive OPK this cycle today. So, I'm waiting for DH to come home :blush:
I'm sure it will happen for all of us, but the waiting game is a bit stressful and I'm an impatient person :haha:

Yes I guess the health service would be quite different in Turkey?! I will still be going to the docs soon though as it has been almost a year, and he said upto 12mths!!

Wooohoooo that's nearly as exciting I think, get :sex: 'ing as soon as he's home!! I hope this is a positive (in more ways than one) cycle for you, to give some hope to us that when things do settle down it might happen straight away!!

Good luck and baby dust to you moonlisa81!! xx

P.s. I'm extremely impatient too, NEVER in a million years thought this would be quite this stressful/ long etc!

Thank you very very much hun!! :hugs:

I wish you good luck too :flower:

No +opk for me today :nope: 2nd test was negative. I really thought that, what with the decent temp rise, this might have been it.

Maybe I'm just one of those people that OPKs don't work for. Which at least would be something!!

I'm sure it's just around the corner for you hunni, we HAVE too try and keep the PMA up... we can do this, we will be mommies!!! :hugs: xxx

It can take some time for your body to start ovulating regularly.
Don't worry I hope it'll happen soon :hugs:

We'll be each others PMA cheerleaders lol!

Did you order the AC online, or will you go and get some in the shop? Is there a Holland & Barrett near you? Where in the UK are you? x

Gimme an O... Gimme a V... :rofl:

There are plenty of H&B stores nearby, so I will go to the shop. I'm in the Midlands! x

Ah brilliant - you can start taking them straight away then.

Pom-poms at the ready....:rofl:

I've just got another 100 capsules for free from a lady that was giving them away on the forum too! Result!! God knows I need them!

I was on microgynon for 10 years. I came off the pill aug 2009, was not ttc at this point. My cycle was very irregular anything from 23 days to 59 days being the longest. However, my last three cycles have been 35 days and have become rgular. My doctor also said it was normal for it to take some time to be regular again.

I came off BCP (Yasmin) 23/11/10, had my withdrawl bleed 26th-30th Nov and haven't come on a real period since :cry:

I have also had every pregnancy symptom under the sun, sickness, sore nipples etc etc and I have such oily skin and hair the last 2 weeks!

I wish the doctors had told me what hell it would be after stopping it!!

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->