Post question

amandad192

mum to 2
Reaction score
If you posted 2 letters at the same time, in the same letterbox, to the same address would you expect them to turn up on the same day?

As long as they were the same class, I would.

xx

yeah i would expect them to be there on the same day. x

No but thats only because they never seem to (sending from Ireland to UK and UK to Ireland), there is normally 1 to 2 days between the letters x

You would have thought so, unfortunately it doesn't always happen that way.

They should but I wouldn't expect them to. I'm sure our postman doesn't come every day he's supposed to. Some things arrive really quickly and other things seem to take ages

I live in Ireland and my grandmother sent to cards to me from England (birthday/anniversary). She posted them at the same time, both second class and they arrived three days apart.

I could understand it if it was Christmas time but not any other time. Rather strange.

Thanks everyone. My mum posted me 2 birthday cards. One of them arrived yesterday. I thought maybe they'd got split up and expected the other to arrive today, but it didnt. The one that didn't turn up is the one that has money in.
I'm also waiting for a cheque that was posted to me on 31st October which still hasn't arrived.
But I've noticed that one of the letters I got this morning is dated 9th November so I'm hoping that post is just slow at the moment.

no i ordered 2 parcels the same day off the smae person posted at same time etc they came with 2 days between them :-/ they were coming to sheffield from londonderry

My hubby is a postman and this time of year things go crazy!! They could be a few reasons while some mail takes longer, the card could of got miss sorted, your regular postie may have a day off and if they are short staffted in the office they could have to put the walk on hold for a day until the postie comes back...my hubby had a day off Monday no one could cover his walk so he had to do double the amount tues. Or one card got left behind and hasnt got to the sorting office as of yet....Not all postmen are bad!! I know of a few who are even working this Sunday to get parcels delivered and its not even December yet )

Well my cheque arrived this morning.
OH called the company it was coming from on tuesday and they said it was posted on 30th oct. The letter was dated 21st Nov so they were obviously bullshitting on the phone.
Still no card though. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow..because..I want to go shopping!!!

Well my cheque arrived this morning.
OH called the company it was coming from on tuesday and they said it was posted on 30th oct. The letter was dated 21st Nov so they were obviously bullshitting on the phone.
Still no card though. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow..because..I want to go shopping!!!

My gran once sent me a card with money in it £40.........it arrived with a wee 2/3cm neat cut/tear at the side. No money in the card despite her having stated what she had sent me on the card. She was in no way dottled, so we figure it got nicked.

If you think things are getting nicked, you could get someone to send something, with what looks like money in it - or even jsut a fiver - and write on it................"GOT YA!! Ive got warts, and I rubbed them on this money....ENJOY"

I had anew bank card ordered and the bank sent the pin out with it at the same time. I lived in a new housing complex that had security gates and a communal post area with individual post boxes. The first I knew about my card being posted out was when I tried to use my hubby's card (joint account) to take some money out and there wasn't any left. After investigations from my bank we found where my card and money was. CCTV from a ATM machine showed a gentleman wearing a Royal Mail uniform using the machine at the exact time my money was taken (obviously same ATM). I got my money back and the bloke admitted it and was fired.

I honestly didn't believe that the postie would do that. Anywho, just thought I would share.

Royal Mail really do punish theifs they have a duty of trust! My hubbys mate was stealing love film dvds and he got caught as nearly eveyone does. He got sacked and taken to court by love film, he got a suspended sentence and how ever many hours of community work. Then there was another man who just didnt deliver alot of mail over 20,000 he was our postman and we got alot of crap in the post when he was found out. He has just been sentence to 6 years in prison, if you think things are going missing tell the manager at the sorting office it HAS to be investigated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->