Post your weaning routines please

Kay0102

Reaction score
This is my 2nd baby but I feel more clueless weaning than the first time around.
At the moment he is having

8am - 8oz bottle and brekky
12pm - lunch and 6oz bottle
4pm - tea and 6 oz bottle
7pm - 8oz bottle

The thing is, I went away with my first baby at 7 months and I am sure he was on breakfast made from formula, lunch and pud, tea and pud then bottle at bedtime. Is that what I should be aiming for?
DS2 doesn't seem as keen with the weaning as DS1 who took to it like a duck to water. He refuses blended meals after 1st spoonful (like today when offered a chicken, brocolli, carrot and mash homemade purree) but then ate a full fruit pot as the alternative.

Please comment with your routines and any tips. I have seen some that are doing food and bottles separate but it would seem I was feeding him nearly all day lol and with a demanding 3yr old and preschool runs etc I am not sure how it would work x

This is my lo's rough routine:

8am 7oz bottle
9am breakfast
12noon 7oz bottle
1pm lunch
4pm tea
7pm 7oz bottle

As you can see we do the milk then food later,that works for us as he is my 1st, i can see it would be more difficult when you have other kids! I guess you just have to do what works for you!

My lo didn't like pureed food either but he's happy to eat mashed food. I don't really have any tips as i'm still learning as i go!

My lo is nearly 8 months and has just started having 3 meals so definitely not ready for puds yet. He has the small jars which are 100grams ish.

8am breakfast
9.30am 7oz bottle and nap
12pm lunch
2pm 7oz bottle and nap
5pm dinner
7pm 7oz bottle and bed

Usually has a night feed too. We do 7oz bottles but he'll drink anywhere between 3 and 7oz. Averages around 20oz a day. He refuses to take milk unless he's going to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->