Postal scam

peanut08

Reaction score
Just recieved this email from a friend and though i should share with you all !

Postal Scam:

Please circulate this around especially as Christmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.
If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655. For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:https://www.crimestoppers-UK.org/crime-prevention/helping-prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam

I know this is a stupid question :blush: but how do they bill you £315? Do they add it to your phone bill? xx

I know this is a stupid question :blush: but how do they bill you £315? Do they add it to your phone bill? xx

Yes straight onto your bill

I also had a friend who recieved a letter saying she had won money from the spanish lottery and to call the number and after 3-4 calls and totally taken in thinking she had won a few hundred thousand pounds her phone bill came in at over £500 :dohh: she didnt ring the number again, taht was a few years ago now and it was shown on watchdog

i posted in the xmas threat also and someone on there said it was a hoax

its not a hoax i used to work for royal mail and these scams have been going off for ages but it is true dont fall foul of them. there is no such company called pds

it happened last year and the year before that too.

It's on the crimestoppers website,that's why I said it was a hoax :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->