Posterior babies

My second was posterior, it was 22 hrs from start of contractions to birth. It was quite painful, i used gas and air. My waters didn't go until i started pushing. She was delivered vaginally and unassisted. I had a tiny second degree tear, she was 3.5kg (~7.5lbs?). I don't remember whether she turned during delivery, i think not.

As mentioned above, you can try different positions to help your baby turn. I was told by the midwife to get on all fours and rotate my hips and to sit up straight. I was only told a few days before i went into labour tho, that's probably why it didn't work.
I hope everything goes smoothly for you, good luck x

My second was posterior and we didn't know until he came out. He had been the correct way round at all of my check ups so no idea when he turned can only assume he may have turned during labour? active labour was just under 2 hours (waters broke 6 hours before he was born) with about 10 mins of pushing and I had no back pain. I had no tears at all just a slight graze. Out of my 2 labours I recovered quicker, I even jogged down the stairs after I had showered (home birth) which my midwife was quite shocked at lol.

Thank tou everyone for your responses! Last night my baby girl was born at 36 weeks after my water broke. She did deliver posterior and although it was a difficult labor we are both fine!!!! I'm in heaven!!

Thank tou everyone for your responses! Last night my baby girl was born at 36 weeks after my water broke. She did deliver posterior and although it was a difficult labor we are both fine!!!! I'm in heaven!!

Yay!!!!!! You did it!!! :happydance:

oh wow congratualtions!! so glad all went reasonably well :)

my first baby was back to back. three hour labour from start to finish and she turned as she came out. minor labial tear with no stitches.

I tried everything to get her to turn in the weeks leading up to the birth but nothing worked! I've heard it's quite common for them to stay posterior if you have an anterior placenta.

My first was posterior and it was a very long labour (but mostly because she was in a brow presentation AND posterior). She did flip before I birthed her, and an acupuncturist who came to my house helped with that -- it was amazing! I didn't experience any back labour, though, and I only pushed for 19 minutes and didn't tear at all! :thumbup:

Hi.
I had a posterior baby and only found out during the pushing stage of labour. It wasn't mentioned before that.
My labour was long slow and painful. After failing to progress with any speed my midwife recommend an epidural. This was the BEST THING EVER. I'm surrounded by people who prefer to use only gas and air but I think my birth would have been a lot different without it.
My baby turned as she exited the birth canal. In the end my midwife did an episiotomy where they cut you otherwise I would have teared.
If you have a midwife or ob chat to them about your fears.
But if I have no. 2 I will have an epidural again. It meant that I was rested to be able to push my baby out.

Just read your update too...Congratulations :) glad it went well.

My baby was posterior and had his head tilted to the side but I did not know until it came to pushing. This was my first baby so I don't know if labour was any more painful than a normally positioned baby (made it to 8cm with just G&A though!). Pushing was pretty terrible tbh. 2.5 hours of pushing and he had to be manually turned during delivery. I managed to get away with only a 2nd degree tear though!

My baby girl was posterior, I only discovered this after 90 minutes of pushing and awful back pain. I'd got through my contractions with G&A, which lasted about 6-7 hours. Things weren't progressing so I ended up having a spinal, forceps and an episiotomy to get her out!

Congratulations! In case this thread helps others some day I'll answer too.
My first had been beautifully positioned for weeks, but when I went in for my induction the midwife told me she was sure she was posterior. I did have some classic signs of a posterior labour (excruciating back labour, which water injections helped amazingly) and prolonged second stage namely. But she surprised everyone by appearing face down, so must have turned enroute lol. I did have a second degree tear.
I do have many friends who birthed posterior babies without even a graze, and at least one had his hand by his face in addition to being posterior hand still not a graze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->