Posting for my husband ;-)

gradschoolmum

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
My husband and I are waiting to try until the beginning of 2017; we've been talking about timing for awhile, but since finally deciding when we're officially trying, I've seen him show little signs of excitement. We have a trip planned for Spring, and he had already calculated how many weeks I could be depending on if and when we conceive. He's excited.

But this weekend, my husband and I were getting intimate. When we were ready to have sex, he reached over to get a condom but there were none. (I'm not on BC for many different reasons so we have always relied on condoms). We decided to go ahead without one and depend on pull-out method. Now, considering I used to work in an organization that taught high schoolers about sex, I know all the problems with pull-out...but I also knew we weren't in the fertile timeframe either. It would have been CD 12 (but I have longer cycles than normal...I don't even enter fertile timeframe until CD 18 normally, with O being around CD 23). I've been tracking BBT as well, and it really does not look like I'm anywhere near O. But he's concerned and has repeatedly asked if I "feel pregnant" (He is very new to anything TTC :winkwink:)

It wouldn't be the end of the world if a baby came sooner; it would just make my schedule for grad school a little harder.
I sat down with him and showed him how unlikely it would be to get pregnant this way, assured him that we would be safe until the beginning of the year, reminded him that even with condoms there was always a chance too, etc. He's ok, but still just says that he will not be convinced until AF comes, and that he just really wants to be assured I'd be several months past grad school when baby comes (he is convinced I get too stressed with deadlines and it would be stressful to be super pregnant and super stressed all the time...he's sweet).
Anyone else have a husband like mine? Did anything you told him settle him (so that he's not concerned for another 3 weeks)? I don't want to tell him it's impossible because obviously there is always a chance when you have sex; I just also am not concerned that we made a baby this month (so far, at least).
Thanks for the advice!

Hi.

Mine was like yours when we first started. It was so many years ago, but I distinctly remember going to school for my associates degree. My husband panicked when I wanted to come off BC.

Although we both had steady jobs, he figured it would be too hard considering we worked full-time and I went to school full-time and I was looking into schools for my bachelors.

I just kept reassuring him that it wouldn't likely happen and there was no need to worry until it did.

It worked. He calmed down. And then when AF did show, he was so disappointed that he wanted to start right away and at the time I was the one telling him to put on the breaks. :rofl: He wanted to go hardcore and I was like lets NTNP

Mines definitely is!! Im sitting here laughing because he's so much like that...but all i have to do is take a preg test and show him that its neg ( and its not like he knows all about hcg levels so...) after that he's pretty calm about the whole thing. But sometimes i dont even know when to take him seriously because he always says im probably preg when im on my cycle too so who knows. He's playful like me!!! Sometimes i think he just gets a joy from talking about me finally being pg.

I came off BC in may 2015 to allow time for my cycle to normalise. We have used the pullout method about 95% of the time since then and had no accidents (but wouldn't be bad if we had). Since the wedding a couple of weeks ago we're starting to edge more into NTNP/tentative TTC though.

Obviously some couples will fall pregnant pulling out (especially if they miscalculate), but some couples also can fall pregnant whilst on BC and using condoms. Just depends. Bless your husband for worrying/trying to calculate all the months though

Needabun- Yes! He's so funny. Thankfully, it does not bother me that he knows little about it, but I do want to make sure he isn't thinking too much about it for no reason. I had a stomach ache in the middle of the night (because we ate a heavy meal somewhat late), but he asked me this morning if it was an early sign of pregnancy...even though he had the same stomach ache. (I swear, he's a really smart man, just not in medical/pregnancy realms..ha!)

LucyLadyBug- He's so sweet and excited. I'm just going to have to be patient with his worries (small price to pay, I realize! I'm very thankful he is on board and excited to start trying soon)

Aren't they so cute when they do that though haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->