Postpartum Bleeding

soulvibe

Reaction score
So I'm realising that I'm getting pretty close to nine months (just over a week left to go I suppose?) and I still have not packed for the hospital yet! Kinda wondering what I should bring for the flow I'll have. I definately don't want to get stuck using the hospital pads because they're bloody awful (no pun intended lol) but I have not bought disposable pads in so many years. And I mean like probably 10 years ago was the last time I bought Kotex. I REALLY never liked disposable pads at all. They were just leaky and never absorbed and itchy and just ick and I imagine it would be even more awful after I've just given birth. I almost thought of buying LunaPads, but they are so expensive. You get like 2 pads and it's 70 buck. I don't see why spend so much money on something I'm going to use and then obviously just want to throw out. And I mean really. I figure I'll have enough to occupy me without worrying about scrubbing and drying out a pad. Sooo... I was wondering if anyone could recommend what they find comfortable and leak-proof in disposable pads cuz maybe they've gotten a little improved over the past decade? Or I was thinking of just going to a fabric shop and making my own pads if anyone thinks that's a reasonable idea. But I'm not sure how thick I'll need and how many I'll be needing to have or any of that. So. Yeah. Just curious what other peoples' suggestions were.

Buy actual maternity pads...i asked midwife if any real difference between them and maxi sanitary towels and she said that maternity towels are made to absorb more blood and thicker blood, they have improved greatly over the years hun, im guessing ure in us...im in uk lol but i knw that walmart do good mat pads as my friend used thrm xxx

I am in Canada. Never heard of maternity pads before. I tried googling for brands and the only thing I could find was on Well.ca. They have something called NatraCare. Several of the reviews said they leaked and didn't work well for immediate postpartum. I wonder if we have any other brands? Maybe I should check out Wal-Mart.

I'm also in Canada and I've never found maternity pads in store. I bought Always Super overnight ultra long GIANT pads lol

Lol okie dokily lol in tht case just get super maxi sanitary towels with wings night time ones lol xxxx

I actually found that I didn't bleed as heavily as I thought I would after that first initial day after giving birth. The first night I used the hospitals thick uncomfy pads :haha: and then after I used always brand extra long with wings. They aren't thick and super uncomfortable but still pretty absorbent. The only time I had leaking problems was at night time which I think I'll buy the overnites this time.

I get overnight pads and invinity pads they are really thin but hold well also I always end up chapping cuz I bleed so long so get something for that too!

I'm just using Equate (walmart store brand) over night pads because they have wings. A friend of mine ended up using Depends :haha: so I supposed I'll give those a try if the pads still leak. her hubs came home from work one day and all she was wearing was a t-shirt and a depend, must have been a site to see!

The Maxi night pads work just as well, you have to change EVERY bathroom trip.
Also, you can sometimes buy maternity knickers, which works wonders.

Be wary buying ones with wings. I know a few people that have needed stitches and said the wings caught their stitches - ouch. x

I used always infinity with wings. They worked well and found them to be a comfy as a pad can be. Don't give yourself more work!

I'm using maternity pads - tesco are the best imo. They're soft and comfy to wear. I bled quite a lot the first few days and don't think normal pads would have been absorbent enough. I would also avoid wings, in case you get stitches.. They might get caught ouch!

Oh and the maternity pads don't mask odour like normal pads so if you end up with an infection you might not be able to tell with normal pads xx

I have maternity pads and also a few pairs of depends underwear as I figure they'll be ideal for overnight and the car journey home etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->