postpartum headaches and first postnatal period

Juniperjan

Expecting no.2!
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm 9 months postpartum and have yet to have my first pp period. I am still breastfeeding which explains why. I've started to notice possible ovulation signs and think I am due to get my period. The thing is, the last week I have had a daily headache and I'm wondering if it's a hormonal thing. Anyone else experienced this when getting their period back?

Hi! definitely! I have had bad headaches for weeks now and I think its to do with hormones definitely. My son is 9 months old and I just got my first period 3 weeks ago. I have cut down a lot on breastfeeding so think thats why it came. I have been feeling ovulation pains too...
x

Did you get an epidural during labor? If so, that will explain your headaches. If not, it can still be related to your hormones. I'm suffering with bad headaches every day, and I get occular migraines at least once or twice every two to three weeks. I've been having those kinds of migraines since I was 12 years old (I'm 27 now) but I would get one maybe once every few months to a year or so, which is in the normal range. Now it's constant and really affecting my vision. I did get an epidural in my last labor (only 3 weeks ago) so it could be that but then again, I was getting vision problems and headaches while I was still pregnant with her (which I know could be pregnancy related too). Best thing is for people like us who get headaches out of nowhere should be seen by our doctors who can send us to an eye doctor. My mom thinks I should see a neurologist because my vision is really bad even when I don't have a migraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->