Potential induction - would you do this?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I'm 40 +6 at the moment so there's still time for everything to kick off without induction, but it is a possibility I'm starting to think about.

I'm also thinking if I do get induced that I will tell immediate family only as to the date, rather than broadcast it, and instruct them to keep it secret. Some friends had an induction recently that everyone knew about and they just got bombarded with texts and calls and I could't be doing with all that. It's bad enough getting dozens of "where's baby/any news" messages now!

What do you think? Is that just me being a bit mean? Also, it's not exactly rocket science to work out when an induction might be if you really thought about it, so that might just be a bit pointless.

If i agreed to induction, apart from close family i wouldnt be telling anyone else. I dont really see the need, as like youve said you just gey endless 'is baby here yet'

With my first I never told anyone I was being induced! I don't have anyone in the delivery room with me apart from my DH so it was just a lovely surprise for everyone 😄 They all knew I was in hospital though, I was induced at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia.

This time I'd have to tell family because my mum will be looking after DD and I'd have to tell MIL as well. They'd tell our brothers and sisters (and probably the whole world as well)

It depends on you really, do you want people asking how dilated you are or would you prefer just to let them know once it's done? Inductions can take a while so you might change your mind halfway through and confide in a friend or two anyway. Or you might be in the zone and want to ignore the world!

I had a time booked for induction last time (my waters went 24hrs before) and we only told our parents. As it was we started on our own. Personally I wouldn't say anything except if essential. This time we've been told our likely day of induction will clash with our nieces christening. For that reason we probably would also tell siblings this time if we got to that date but not outside the family. Hopefully that won't be necessary. We told our siblings we were in labour last time and they were very annoying!

This time around, if I were to be induced, only my parents, and OH's parents would be told.

I told my best friend and a few others last time outside of immediate family, and I was induced at 41 weeks. I actually was to go in at 5:30am to start, but they had a rush of births/labors the night before so I got sent home and told that they would call me when a bed was available. I didn't get called until noon. But between 5:30 and noon, I got multiple calls from my best friend asking if the hospital had called yet. It was very frustrating and annoying, especially as I had hardly any sleep the night before, and was trying to sleep then, but she wasn't allowing me to.

Slightly different, but I'm not telling anyone other than close family what date my c-section is booked. No one else needs to know, and I could do without the texts and phone calls saying "Good luck!".

I'd also like a little while of just me and Oh knowing out little lady was here, then we will let family know, then eventually (possibly the day after) we will let the rest of the world know. I'd like to savour every moment of privacy before every bugger wants pictures and details and general mithering.

Everyone knows I am going in on thursday night but im pretty sure they wont bother me! Dont get a signal in the hospital half the time anyway!
Last time, i went in at 8pm and nobody contacted me at all! I called OHs sister (at the time) and let them know what was happening at that point, at 9am and my next phone call was to my mum to tell her to hurry up and go get my daughter!

If I thought I would be bomvarded with annoying calls/messages then i would absolutely not tell anyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->