• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Potty trained regression?

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
We started potty training my son around his 3rd birthday (much to his annoyance!!) We took the no more nappies approach and felt that we (eventually) hit the nail on the head...

He usually has a little struggle with his trousers and underwear with getting them down on time so sometimes has a little wet patch, but over the past 2-3 weeks he is frequently not even making an effort to get to the toilet/potty and is just doing it!! This week we've had 2 soaked sofa episodes and 2 wet floor episodes... feel like my house is stinky now!! :blush:

Anyone got any advice on how to help?

As far as I'm aware it's really common for them to Go though these regression phases! We also had them for a short period with poo mainly but sorted itself. Was a few weeks after we moved house so possibly change in her routine too. Should be short lived. Just remind about toilet but don't make a big deal out of it that it causes attention for wrong reasons! Largely ignore but gently remind and hopefully it will pass xx

It's normal... I would just carry on with things. Keep your tone neutral to positive and involve him as much as possible in the clean up such as getting new clothes and putting the wet ones in the laundry and soaking up the pee puddle with a towel. Make sure you're matter-of-fact about it, not punitive. It should be about taking on responsibility, not about punishment.

I agree with pp. It is normal and I just carried on as normal. On days it was worse I made a couple extra trips to the potty and tried not to go anywhere.

Thanks everyone.

Heres to hoping it stops soon.. my house cant take any more carpet and sofa wees :wacko:

Thanks everyone.

Heres to hoping it stops soon.. my house cant take any more carpet and sofa wees :wacko:

You can also try getting pet stain remover to help clean it up. You know, something designed to remove that smell. Not perfect, but it should help a little.

I have found vinegar water takes the smell out too. But the vinegar smell sticks around a couple days.

I also had DS sit primarily on surfaces that could be cleaned or a towel/blanket.

Ah I have some vinegar water! Will try that, thanks krissie. Also noticed your ticker, my DS and your DS are 1 day in age apart!

Will give the pet stain remover a go if the vinegar doesn't work! thanks sarah

Ah I have some vinegar water! Will try that, thanks krissie. Also noticed your ticker, my DS and your DS are 1 day in age apart!

I noticed that last night. It is such a fun but trying age!! :haha:

Haha yes definitely! :haha:

Don't remember DD ever being quite so.... resistant to authority?:rofl:

DS is just so darn cute he gets away with a lot :haha: :blush:

It's hard to teach them to do potty on toilet. They get used to do potty on diapers or toy bassinets. But after several attemps for few days they get used to do potty on toilets too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->