potty training. She just wont do it!!! :(

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am sute there are loads of posts like this on ere (im just in a lazy mood and cant be bothered to look).. My lil girl is 27 months old and she will not even attempt to wee on her potty. 'nappy nappy nappy' is all I get from her! How can I get her to try? I am sure my cousins kids were potty training well before the age of 2. :hissy:

Most children are not ready before the age of too so i wouldn't worry with that.
Don't try and compare otherwise you will just pull your hair out, believe me i have been there.

The best thing is to let her take it at her own pace, treat her to some big girl knickers and let her get used to them, have the potty about at all time and if you don't have to go out of the house leave her without a nappy, it will all come right

Also reward charts seem to work well, everytime Jack had a wee on the potty he would get a smartie and a sticker and a sticker for his chart

Good luck x

I know its very frustrating, but she will do it in her own time - try not to compare her with other children, if you start getting stressed about it so will she.

My LO is 3.5 and he is only just (and I mean the past week) dry/clean, I kept trying him every couple of weeks but he just kept wetting himself and then last tuesday before nursery I realised that we'd run out of pull ups so I told him he's have to wear pants for school, he wet himself at nursery that day, and he's been in pants ever since - and no more accidents.

If she adament on having her nappy on then I would just leave her fot a little while longer.

Good luck x :hugs:

Dont worry alot of kids aren't potty trained by the age of 2! Leigha only started to potty train at 2 and only the last 2 months she has been dry and shes 3 tomorrow. She still wears a night time nappy too.

Leigha also liked her nappys! :dohh: I took her out and let her choose her own knickers, and she loved that and i guess thats how i got over that issue. :)

Hope you figure it out soon xx

My daugher carly has been potty trained for 4 weeks now she is 3 in September. Before those 4 weeks it was always nappy nappy nappy just like what you are going through. But one day i went into town told her to pick some *specail potty stickers* .

The next day i took her nappy off and said if you need a wee sit in the potty, she did it once then i said *right we are going to put some knickers on* (she also picked these) she weed in them once and obviously didnt like the feeling and she went to her potty ever since. For the first 3 days it was everytime she went to the potty she got a sticker to put on it ( she loved doing this) then when she was getting used to getting stickers everytime she went i said to her that they were all gone so she got used to just going without getting a *prize* at the end of it.

SO all and all it took half a day to potty train her , i was struggling BIG time though for awhile but when i thought she was really ready then it just clicked for her :)

Dont go by others and what age there children were potty trained as that wa them and every child is different.

I was getting fed up with Carly when she just wouldnt do it but i just let her do it in her own time ;) GOod Luck

aw thanks ever so much for all ur advice. I feel much better about it all now xxxxxxxxx

dont worry, she will do it in time.

my daughter is just over 3yrs and is still potty training! shes only just started wearing pants in the day and we havent had a mistake all week. but she still wears pull up nappies for bed and when we go out.
im dredding going round tescos with her in pants for the first time!

all you can do is keep pottys close by. every now and then ask if she would like to sit on potty. there really is no rush and its really not good to force a child to do it (like her stupid father whos forces her to sit on the potty all day when he has her!! grrr!)

i hope, when the times comes, its easier for you than it has been for us. 8months down the line and were nearly there. we only have 2months left untill LO arrives and my daughter starts school. :dohh:

good luck! xx

I agree with the others-it will just click with her one day, no point in forcing it on her (I did with Rebecca) as it will only put her off.

Let her tell you when she is ready-btw my Rebecca didnt use potty, just went straight onto a toilet as she was scared of the potty :rofl:

Good luck and I am sure it wont be too long now x

Most children are not ready before the age of too so i wouldn't worry with that.
Don't try and compare otherwise you will just pull your hair out, believe me i have been there.

The best thing is to let her take it at her own pace, treat her to some big girl knickers and let her get used to them, have the potty about at all time and if you don't have to go out of the house leave her without a nappy, it will all come right

Also reward charts seem to work well, everytime Jack had a wee on the potty he would get a smartie and a sticker and a sticker for his chart

Good luck x

I agree.

I found that talking to my kids on a daily basis about it worked as well.

I never stressed my kids out about potty training and they both eventually did with no bedwetting at all.

I have found the same hun, don't push her hun otherwise she will not want to do it more. The only problem i'm having with kacy is she not to keen on doing a poo in the toilet so she does them her nickers

nicole was 3 before she stopped wearing a nappy. if there not ready they wont do it. i'd tried earlier but she was having none of it. Let her go all day on her 3rd b'day and that was it, never worn a nappy since!

My little sister refused point blank to consider using a potty till 3 and a half years. She went straight to the toilet though because she didnt like the potty and shes not long stoped having little accidents (she was 4 last month) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->