potty training,so far so good.BUT...

emma2810

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Well Aiden is 2yrs and 7months old and Ive just started potty training :shy: I decided to wait until I knew he could deal with it rather than throw loads of tantrums because he wasnt ready then end up making it ten times harder!
So day one went REALLY well...only 1 accident and thats because he'd fell aslepp on the sofa and eithe rdid it in his sleep or when he'd JUST woke up :happydance:
Todays been reall good too( so far)-not ONE accident!AND-Id left him to play in his room then when I went back upstairs he was sat on the loo having a wee-Im so proud of the little fella!its amazing how happy a bit of wee can make you feel :rofl:
The only thing is-there is no sign of poos yet-should I be worried,Ive read somewhere that LO's sometimes hold off for a few days when starting potty training???
Also-hoping he carrys on aswell as his is,whens best and HOW do I get him out of nappies at bedtime?I know not yet as its only been a couple of days,but Im just imagining lots of midninght sheet changing :(

All advice welcome :) thanks

we are potty training with Rhys too (he is 2years and 6months) hes been in underwear now for about a month.. we have the odd accident, usually when hes tired and its usually a poo! today is only the 4th time he has actually pood in his potty but hes really good with his wees.

its nice to see another potty training mummy around :)

Ethan is 2 yrs 3 months and isnt interested :( when i pop him on potty or toilet he tells me his willy is broke :rofl: but i dont kno wat to do to encorage him :shrug:

With Landon it did take a bit for him to poo in the toilet but once he did it one time he never did in his pants or diaper again. As far as nights we started limiting drinks before bed, they can't have anything after dinner (which is about 1-2hrs before bedtime, except a small drink of water when they brush their teeth and they have to go pee right before bed. Landon it took about 6mo from when he daytime trained and I realized his diapers he wore to bed were staying dry so we just switched him to undies and he did fine. Casen did day and night at the same time, both at 26mo, I just switched him to undies and reminded him everynight for awhile that if he had to pee to remember to get out of bed and he did really well. Very few accidents

i started by sitting rhys on the potty every night when i ran his bath.. when he weed i praised him, if he didnt then i said it was ok.. eventually he started to realise i wanted him to wee and would do one every night at bathtime.. at first when i tried him at other times in the day he wasnt interested but eventually we got into different routines like when he got home from nursery we would put him on and then again at bath time and slowly building it up..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->