Powdered formula?

Scottish mum

Reaction score
Once the tin is open how long does it last?

I use the ready made bottles but I have a tin open for just incases. I think I've had it over a month : ( and I've used it a few occasions.

I'm worried as I've used the powder tonight for a bottle but when he's woke up this morning it sounds like he has a bad throat Or a chesty cough!!! Is this due to the milk? Or has he just got a common cold. I've the doctors today anyway for Los exzema x

I think once a tin is open it should be used in 3-4 weeks. But they may differ from brand to brand. xx

It should say on the tin how long it lasts after opening. I've tried two different brands, and one was 3wks and the other was 4wks.

I have had formula that says use within 1 month, and I have had fomula that says use withing 2 weeks. It should say on the tin about storage and when to use by once opened.

Personally I have used formula that has been opened for longer than is recomended. I think they just put the timeframe on to cove their own backs incase of people sueing then if their baby is ill.

So long as you store the milk properly and it isnt damp and it smells ok then it should be alright to use for a tad longer than they say. So long as you make it with the hot water to kill bacteria.

As pp have already said, it should mention it on the tin. We use Similac powdered formula and it recommends using it within a month of being open. Since that's our main source of feeding LO it usually only lasts just over a week... so I've never let one go that long. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->