PPROM- I'll be joining u all

I feel very blessed to have my mom around. I think I would have went crazy all alone in this room. I'm gonna check out the VIP thread now, thanks!!!

26 and a half weeks already!

Your little bundle is obviously happy to stay in the warm.

How's it going? I hope christmas was ok for you. Did they have a passable christmas lunch?

My christmas wasn't too bad thanks to my boyfriend and his family. They came to visit me at th hospital and brought me some gifts. My mom also brought me some food so I didn't have 2 eat the hospital food. My lil boy is doing well and I'm feeling great still no contractions or infection :)

My christmas wasn't too bad thanks to my boyfriend and his family. They came to visit me at th hospital and brought me some gifts. My mom also brought me some food so I didn't have 2 eat the hospital food. My lil boy is doing well and I'm feeling great still no contractions or infection :)

That's good. At least christmas wasn't terrible.

The one thing I loved about being in hospital was being able to listen to Abby on a regular basis. I'd have been hooked up to the doppler all day if I'd have had the chance.:haha:

I love hearing my baby's heartbeat. I get to hear it atleast 3x a day for 30 minutes each. It motivates me to keep thinking positive. I just wish I could stop leaking. I continue to leak daily which is normal after pprom

gosh 26 weeks already, its fantastic that there is no infection or contractions so far baby is far too cosey is then too cold and icy out here right now x

26 weeks, fingers crossed LO stays put..have everything crossed...x

Thanks ladies, I'm almost 27 weeks :) and I'm in the 7th box (ticker) :)

I hope you lo stays put a little longer we are all hear to support you hun, ive had 4 prem babies 32wks,28wks,32wks and 35wks they are 11,7,3 and 3 months now doing really well im sure your little one will be just fine. xx

Thanks ladies, I'm almost 27 weeks :) and I'm in the 7th box (ticker) :)

Hey Hun, its nice to hear that your now at 27 weeks! Your bubba does not like the cold thats for sure. Its nice and cosy in Mum's sac. Yeah you will leak but just drink lots of fluid as your body replaces it.

Hang in there bubba.

Lv Dona and Archie xx

Hope things stay put for you I had Freddy at 27weeks and he is fine although lots of sticky moments in NICU. When i was told i was in labour i never for one minute thought he would survive but they do they are tough little cookies :thumbup:

Well things aren't looking too good now. I'm leaking pink fluid instead of clear. Does this mean labor is close?? The doctors are still waiting to see what my body does. So far still no contractions

Well things aren't looking too good now. I'm leaking pink fluid instead of clear. Does this mean labor is close?? The doctors are still waiting to see what my body does. So far still no contractions

As I didn't go into labour at all, I have no idea what is normal!

At least you are right there for whatever happens next. Time is always of the essence in these situations. But hopefully it will all calm down and your little one will stay in the warm.

I hope he stays put too. Although I'm expecting to have a preterm baby, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. I'm terrified of things going wrong, I don't think I'm strong enough to deal with this anymore :(

I hope he stays put too. Although I'm expecting to have a preterm baby, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. I'm terrified of things going wrong, I don't think I'm strong enough to deal with this anymore :(

You will find the strength. You have to. It will come from somewhere, I promise you.

At 27 weeks (and you're close enough to that) survival rates are very high and risk of complications are low. Neo-Natal care is excellent and your LO will be in absolutely the best hands.

Knowing there is a good chance of a premature baby is half the battle. You can start to mentally prepare yourself for the journey. If you aren't on complete bedrest, or if someone can take you along in a chair, ask if you can have a tour of the unit and a chat with the nurses there. That way you will have a better understanding of what is going to happen.

Busy yourself with making lists of what needs to be done at home, what things you need to buy etc.

The NNICU journey is a hard one, but it is incredibly rewarding and there are so many joyous moments come out of it, you get so many other "firsts" that full termers don't get. The first cuddle, the first feed, the first time in a cot etc.

And we'll all be here, every step of the way to hold your hand if you need it.

I'm trying so hard right now to avoid reading or googling horror preemie stories online. I'm scared to visit the nicu I'll probably start crying. You ladies on here are so strong.

I'm trying so hard right now to avoid reading or googling horror preemie stories online. I'm scared to visit the nicu I'll probably start crying. You ladies on here are so strong.

But much better to visit NICU now when your baby isn't there and take a good look around - and start crying, than having to deal with being overwhelmed by the situation, and the place, and your baby in there all at the same time - and start crying.

There will be tears either way.

And all of us have shed buckets of them. I had a full on melt down in the first couple of weeks.

We were thinking of buying shares in Kleenex!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->