• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Practical tips for making up bottles

Love this thread :)

Can I just ask the ladies that use half boiling water then add the formula and the top up with cooled boiling water do you measure the the cooled water first before puring into the formula mix? I'm just a little confused.

Yes you will need to measure out the chilled water to make sure the amount of formula powder:water is correct.

I used to put the boiled water into a spare sterilised bottle then in the fridge. I'd put enough water into this bottle to make 2 bottles quickly.
BUT if you were wanting to make bottles up even quicker I'd put half a bottles worth in and chill it, then when it's time to make up the bottle I'd used all the chilled water then re-fill the 'chilled bottle' with the water that had just been boiled from the kettle for next time.

Also, you need to leave the water to cool slightly before using it (that's why it says up to/after half an hour depending on the brand) rather than using water that has just boiled as it damages some of the goodness in the formula but if the water is too cold then it won't sterilise the milk powder (it isn't made or packaged or even stored in sterile conditions) when it's mixed and bacteria breeds faster in warm conditions so there's a possibility that it can make your LO sick.

I used to use a splash of the chilled water to make the just boiled water a bit cooler then mixed in the formula and topped up the rest of the bottle to overcome that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->