pram dilemma

fl00b

Finley's Mummy & WTT :)
Reaction score
when i was 20 weeks gone, FOB + MIL (well technically she's not as me + FOB are not together but idk what else to call her XD) bought me a pram i really liked.
i don't go round their's that often or see FOB much anymore, so when my pram came they told me i could come round, have a look and take it home if i wanted. the thing is MIL keeps trying to get us back together, like forcing him to phone/text me everyday asking how i am and she's constantly texting me asking me when i'm getting back with him cos 'it'd be nice for riley to have a mom and dad who are together'
so i went round their's reluctantly, they got the pram/carseat out and showed it me and i absolutely fell in love with it. then when i went to leave, she said 'you can come round and have a look at it whenever you want' ...even though they had said i could take it away the same day.

my mom got pretty miffed cos she had to come out of work + pick me up cos i obv couldn't get on the bus with a boxed pram + carseat, and when i came away without it she just kept saying 'they're gonna blackmail you'
i didn't believe it but that's EXACTLY what they're doing :wacko:
i tried to use the excuse that i can't come out of hospital with LO without a carseat in hope they'd hand the pram over at the same time but they keep telling me now to go all back up there to get the carseat... but nothing's mentioned about the pram. surely i'd need the pram aswell? :wacko:
all i get now is 'you can have the pram when you start seeing him again' but i don't wanna stay in a relationship for him just for a pram!

i hate being blackmailed into being nice to them cos they're 'holding the pram hostage', should i just get another pram?

didnt want to read and run!

sorry you in this situation and if I was you, i would tell them to stick the pram.. and get your own! that way you dont owe them anything!

good luck!

^^^ agree'd!

its wrong what they are doing!!
just get another pram! :flow:

I'd tell em' to stick it where the sun doesnt shine !!!!!! :haha:

I'd get my own because in the future they will probably say stuff like "ohh we bought it so you have to ask permission to borrow it" or something like that .

Although I was a bit confused at first because in the US we call it a stroller. lol . I was like what the heck is a pram :shrug: then I looked it up :haha:

Get another one! Or go over and just take it when you get the car seat. Your LO can't not have a pram!

don't let them use this against you, it's pathetic, there's a baby on the way and they're acting like children! xx

Popping in from first tri say that is fricking disgraceful of your MIL, how dare she hold a material item and one you need over you on the condition that you get back with her son.

I would just politely tell her, thanks but no thanks in that case as you wont be blackmailed and get your own pram, one that doesnt come with conditions.

thanks a lot girls! i just wanted to check if i was being overly hormonal or not... :haha:
but will defo tell her to stick it! :D

I'd rather spend the money than be treated like that!
It's 100% out of order! xx

i'd tell em to stuff it and buy another they might get the hint

I'd tell her to bugger off! Deffo get your own. Also, if when you tell her you don't want it, she changes her tune, ignore
her. She sounds like the type of person who in the future will drag it up again.

That doesnt sound normal tbh lmao!
Its really odd but in the same way quite amusing that shes trying to blackmail you with a pram!
Surely she should have the common sence to think "This is a gift that we've brought her for the baby, she'll probs want it at hers" (sorry for calling you her, dont knwo your real name) Blackmail is the only explantion as to why she hasnt let you take it!
I dont think she's doing it to be evil, just wants you two to be back together and for everything to be peachy again but she should know thats just not how things work sometimes!
I know buying your own is easyer said than done but if you can i'd really try and get my own :)

x

I'd go pram shopping and take your mum too as it seems like she'd enjoy it :flower:

My MIL bought my pram too but she didn't even collect it from the store, me and OH did and it's been at my house since. If she'd held my pram hostage I'd have flipped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->