pram/pushchair/travel system/carrycot confusion!!!

10thSept

Mummy to one
Reaction score
OK, I'm realising the right pram is the MOST DIFFICULT decision I've ever made in my life!!!!

I was going to go with a complete travel system, which has a carry cot and car seat and all fits on the chassis. So I figured we'd use the carry cot to transport the baby in the daytime and also perhaps to spend the night at other peoples houses.

BUT I've now found something I like which has a pushchair suitable from birth and a car seat which clips onto the frame BUT it doesn't have a carrycot.

So if I get this second one, what do I use to carry the new born baby around in????? I'm soooo confused!!!
If we go to someone's house, what do we use to carry the baby into their house in when we don't want to use the whole pram? I've always seen people use something the baby can sleep in when it's in another person's house.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I agree i am between about 4 different pram combos dont think i am going to buy mine till the last min , i however have bought a moses basket for indoors and you can buy pop up travel cots if you ever go away overnight.
Sorry if i wasnt much help

xx

hey hun how about buying one of these for baby to sleep in when you are visiting friends.

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000TGK6QS?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

i think they do it in pink too (i'm getting one for this baby for when we visit friends)

if its a travel system you have got then you can just carry the baby in the car seat til you get inside then transfer baby into the above! babys like their sleep when they are newborns so wont really wake if you move them.

not sure if thats any help? x

p.s what travel system do you have your eye on?

i got graco travelsystem with carseat and carrycot then the pushchair underneath , bought this altogether, as we were advised not to keep a newborn in a carseat for longer than 2hrs, u can buy them altogether xx

Babytots, I just saw this on mothercare website too and really like it!!!!
We're between the M&P ultima (with carrycot), silver cross freeway (with carrycot) and the bugaboo bee (amazing, compact, light, will mean we probably don't need another one until the baby is 3) but no carry cot. Can get them all for about the same price.

hey hun how about buying one of these for baby to sleep in when you are visiting friends.

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000TGK6QS?ie=UTF8&mcb=core

i think they do it in pink too (i'm getting one for this baby for when we visit friends)

if its a travel system you have got then you can just carry the baby in the car seat til you get inside then transfer baby into the above! babys like their sleep when they are newborns so wont really wake if you move them.

not sure if thats any help? x

p.s what travel system do you have your eye on?

I have one of these that I bought brand new on Ebay for much cheaper so look on there....and also JOJO MAMAN BEBE sell their own version, again cheaper!

I'm going for the Quinny Buzz as it has everything i need and i love the way it feels when i push it

I have been undecisive for weeks over the type and style of pram I want but we have finally decided on Icandy Apple. I love it. Hope u find one u like!!!

10thSept, I'm wanting to get the Bugaboo Bee, for several reasons - mostly because it's so lightweight and compact. We live in a flat on the second floor and we have zero storage space, plus it'll often be me carrying it and baby up and down - it weighs less than 8 kilos - and it'll fit in the boot of our Peugeot 206, which I cannot drive, and is small for getting on buses. I don't need a big rough-tough pushchair because we don't tend to go for country walks, living in London. It's also parent-facing, which is very important to me, and suitable from birth (even though it doesn't lie totally flat).

I've seen a package online where you can get the Bee, the footmuff, the baby nest and a Maxi Cosi car seat (which fits on the chassis) for about £100 off the RRP.

What swings it is that Bugaboo stuff holds its value. The accessories are not cheap but I am certain I could sell the baby nest, for example, when my boy has grown out of it, on eBay and get a fair whack of the price back. Eventually I'd hope to sell the whole thing (unless there was another little one on the way!)

I'm a bit sad that there is no option for a carry cot but the Chameleon, which has one, is a lot more bulky and heavy; as are the other parent-facing options I've looked at. So I guess I'll buy a small carrycot, maybe that foldable one. It looks good.

its so hard isnt it making a choice! we had a first wheels with my youngest and i love it. comes with carry cot and seat and i think you can buy attachments to fix a car seat straight on (though we dont use that option since we dont drive).

going to use it again with this one though might buy a pink carrycot since shes a girl (one we have is red) and i have seen a pink buggy with carseat in argos that i'm going to get too as we need a new carseat and my youngest needs a new buggy for when we go visit dfs family.

also like the m+p luna and so that might get bought too (can you tell i am a pramoholic?!)

hope you can decide on one you like hun. x

Mary Jo, these are exactly my thoughts!!!!!!
Glad I'm not the only one - I really want to get one I can sell on later and get some money back.
I want something practical, but nice looking too, and also compact, which is the problem with the M&P stuff for me - the ones we like there aren't good looking and too bulky, though light.
The chameleon was too big for me and too hard to put up and pull down!!!
It's such a shame the bee doesn't come with a carrycot you can buy!!!!

Can I be cheeky and ask where you found the discount deal?

10thSept, I'm wanting to get the Bugaboo Bee, for several reasons - mostly because it's so lightweight and compact. We live in a flat on the second floor and we have zero storage space, plus it'll often be me carrying it and baby up and down - it weighs less than 8 kilos - and it'll fit in the boot of our Peugeot 206, which I cannot drive, and is small for getting on buses. I don't need a big rough-tough pushchair because we don't tend to go for country walks, living in London. It's also parent-facing, which is very important to me, and suitable from birth (even though it doesn't lie totally flat).

I've seen a package online where you can get the Bee, the footmuff, the baby nest and a Maxi Cosi car seat (which fits on the chassis) for about £100 off the RRP.

What swings it is that Bugaboo stuff holds its value. The accessories are not cheap but I am certain I could sell the baby nest, for example, when my boy has grown out of it, on eBay and get a fair whack of the price back. Eventually I'd hope to sell the whole thing (unless there was another little one on the way!)

I'm a bit sad that there is no option for a carry cot but the Chameleon, which has one, is a lot more bulky and heavy; as are the other parent-facing options I've looked at. So I guess I'll buy a small carrycot, maybe that foldable one. It looks good.

I've bought a Bee! A black one with a black nest and a spare red hood! This is for public transport and little trips out, so I still have another pram to buy that I've not quite made my mind up on!!!! On my shortlist are three prams all of which my Maxi Cosi car seat fits upon which is great as I can also use it on the Bee!

It's a fab pram.....can't wait to use it!

:D It's not cheeky... it's sensible! I found this deal a few weeks ago and I don't know if it's still available because it says to call for details... but it was at Pramworld and the price was £549 for the Bee plus Maxi Cosi car seat, muff, nest and car base (rrp £668.85).

I'm not planning on buying anything for a while yet so I hope there's a good deal when I need it!

That is a good deal for that product.
I'm also not buying for a while - not until I'm 24 weeks at least, so also hope there are good deals then!
Thanks

Hi, i bought a icandy Apple, its a gorgeous pram. You get a carry cot, a seperate pushchair seat & you can put a maxi cosi car seat on to the base. Its a top quality pram very strong & very sturdy & wont tip. I bought the special addition which is expensive but you can buy the normal icandy apple which is the same looking & design but mine has a crome frame the normal icandy has a matt look frame. Only certain pram shops are allowed to sell icandys i dont think you can buy them online either, so you dont see a lot around, which is good cos you dont want a pram that looks just ike everyone elses, do you, you get lots of compliments with icandy apples & as mines the special addition i get even more loads of compliments. If you go on to the icandy website it will tell you the nearest shop that sells them. I carnt recommend icandy apples enough. If you want a slightly lighter one they do icandy Cherrys. You can buy icandys on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->