• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram reccomendations

We are looking at the graco evo. It is pretty affordable (compared to icandy and silver cross!) and looks practical and comfortable. We won't be buying yet just in case something happens but that is currently top our our list!

We are looking at the graco evo. It is pretty affordable (compared to icandy and silver cross!) and looks practical and comfortable. We won't be buying yet just in case something happens but that is currently top our our list!

Where are you? The Graco Evo is MAD expensive here.

We have the icandy peach and love it.

Just bought the converter to use as a double.

It's great to steer and easy to put together and get in and out if the car.

Mine fits in the back of my Mazda 2, which is tiny! So it folds up pretty compact.

We haven't bother buying an umbrella stroller as we are still getting so much use out of the peach.

I got my Silver Cross Surf on eBay for half the price as in the shops! It was an ex-display model, so it had a few small scratches where I guess people had been trying it out in their car etc. But the fabric on it was brand new and immaculate, I had no problems with it. I was so chuffed!

Its always worth a look!

After trawling through the internet last time i would 100% get another mamas and papas sola again (can't because we got a tiny c1). Can't recommend it highly enough, i will list some pros and cons.
Pros:
Forward and rear facing
takes choice of car seats (mamas and papas or maxi cosi)
reasonably priced
large seat, our child is in age 4-5 clothes at age 3 and is still Comfy.
Seat reclines in 3 positions one of which is flat and suitable for newborns
super cute colours
folds pretty small and easily, you can fold up or down with baby in your arm
very sturdy solid wheels, been on Every terrain and weather and held up well.
We have used ours every day for over 3 years and only replaced one part

Cons
customer service verypoor if there is a problem
we had to replace front wheels once (cost £50 for the pair) BUT we had used it as a snow plough and it had been through grit etc in a very hard winter!
The mamas and papas seat (axon) never looked that Comfy wouldn't get it again
rain cover split after 2 years heavy use, easy to replace with cheap generic one from Argos
though the seat reclines flat it isn't hugely cosy for a newborn we ended up using the car seat at first
accessories are quite pricey eg you need adaptors to put car seat on, footmuff carrycot if you want one BUT may of these things are available second hand or handmade equivalents for less :)

So there's my recommendation, not the cheapest definitely not the most expensive and VERY durable, i was mean to my pram :D

AND the handlebar is padded and adjustable
and the back wheels are connected by a bar strengthening the structure

ok Im finished :)

I'm in Birmingham and have seen the whole evo travel system for about £275 which compared to the icandy ones which are about £600 + is a bargain. Try mothercare if you have one near you as that's where we saw it on offer recently.

It was such a good deal we almost bought it but we didn't want to risk buying big items so early on.

If we can save up and afford it, I want something like -> https://www.target.com/p/hauck-mali...sku=14419076&gclid=CKaJvMfjjLkCFVFp7Aod93oA1Q

I want the bugaboo cameleon too in off white and grey!

I'm in Birmingham and have seen the whole evo travel system for about £275 which compared to the icandy ones which are about £600 + is a bargain. Try mothercare if you have one near you as that's where we saw it on offer recently.

It was such a good deal we almost bought it but we didn't want to risk buying big items so early on.

I'm in South Africa. It is the equivilent of £800 here!

Wowsers that's expensive!!!! I don't think I could justify paying that for a pram.

Could you buy it online from the UK and get it shipped out to you? Might be cheaper.

Wowsers that's expensive!!!! I don't think I could justify paying that for a pram.

Could you buy it online from the UK and get it shipped out to you? Might be cheaper.

With import duty it will work out about the same but with no warrenty.

I want the bugaboo cameleon too in off white and grey!

We are pushing the boat out with a special edition black chassis with sunny gold/jewel blue apron and hood :thumbup:
As our 2nd child we know what to spend the money on.

Ive still got DD's silvercross linear freeway, but its so bulky and as I dont drive, difficult for buses etc. Think Im going to sell it and get the Silvercross surf, I NEED that pram :) x

Ive still got DD's silvercross linear freeway, but its so bulky and as I dont drive, difficult for buses etc. Think Im going to sell it and get the Silvercross surf, I NEED that pram :) x

Have you seen it in real life? It's so very small. Good if you have small babies but I don't think it's good for the long run, not for me either, doubt it would handle tonnes of baby jars in there either :haha:

Umm maybe I need to go pram shopping and try them all out then. Trouble is I got bored of prams waaaay too easily, ellies had four and I really want a new buggy for her, but OH is putting his foot down :( x

At least you won't waste money by buying one that's no good in a few months :)
It's only because I'm tall that I'm so picky with pushchairs. So is OH. Amelia had a mamas and papas Luna and highly recommend it :)

I've had 9 pushchairs for my ds who's 2 lol! my best out of all of them was the britax b-smart. they do a gorgeous red one with black chassis now and I think I NEED it lol! the hood unzips and doubles as a sun shade, shopping basket is by far the biggest I've seen.

only fault is that its fairly heavy to lift, you don't notice this just pushing it, it wasn't a problem for me as I drive.

I loved the quinny buzz and the quinny mood out now looks amazing but I got fed up with getting punctures and the shopping baskets are beyond small.

At least you won't waste money by buying one that's no good in a few months :)
It's only because I'm tall that I'm so picky with pushchairs. So is OH. Amelia had a mamas and papas Luna and highly recommend it :)

I love mammas and Pappas. I had the sola, but the design was quite bad, they might have changed it now, but there was not enough padding on the side so she had a little bruise where she had her head pressed on the frame. So I took it back and complained and changed it to the Frankie which she is now, which I love for a girls buggy :thumbup:

Might have a look at the Luna then as I have the inserts already from the Frankie. Thanks :flower: Just to make oh take me shopping now! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->