Prams!

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
What a minefield.

I am really struggling to find 'the one'. I love the style of the Mamas and Papas sola but then I read reviews they don't feel very sturdy.

I am looking for one that's easy to push, adjustable handle as I am quite tall, does anyone have the Sola and would recommend it? I really do love the look of it and not overly keen on anything that is too bulky.

I can get the whole travel system for £399 which I think is fab. I don't have a car so it does have to stand the test of time and feel good for both of us. x

Have you looked at their sister company mountain buggy? I have one and i can honestly say they are the best buggy i have ever used or pushed, honestly they are great, cant recommend them enough. I am buying the +one at the end of this month and selling my urban jungle!

image.jpg

I found the sola fine with my youngest, it didn't give me any problems. I'm getting the Cosatto Giggle 2 in Space Racer! Xxxxxxx

I've got the baby jogger Versa, I do like baby joggers, I've had a couple and they've always been really good. I looked at the sola and I liked it, a mum at the school has one, she walks absolutely everywhere, her little boy is now 2.5years old and he's still in it and it's still going strong 👍🏻

Mumof5, is the jogger versa parent facing aswell as forward facing?

Mumof5, is the jogger versa parent facing aswell as forward facing?

Yes it is, that's why I went for this over the baby jogger city gt, love that baby can face me, the seat unit is also really big so will last well. Only issue is like a lot of pushchairs is that seat unit is suitable from 6 months, but they do a carrycot and the car seat clips onto frame. After a bit of research I've bought a silver cross surf newborn insert which makes seat suitable for newborns, it saves me buying the carrycot. Also the Versa folds with the seat on the frame, both parent and away facing. I love it! X

I will be dusting down my Sola. DS used it until he was completely out of a buggy.

I haven't looked at what is newer on the market (don't want buggy envy).

I have just had a look at the Sola2, the biggest difference I can see to my origional is they have improved the bumper bar / toy bar thing made it higher. And improvements to the cosy toes liner thing.

I loved mine and will be using it again. I did end up with a Out n About Nipper to take on a walking holiday as I wasn't convinced the Sola would stand up to rough mountain paths. I used the Nipper for the country park too mainly to save wear on the Sola. For round town on reasonable paths the Sola was fab with a decent basket.

Other buggies to consider would be the Oyster my friend had one but hers broke. And I spotted a Silver Cross the other day that looked compact with a decent basket.

At the time my buggy choice was restricted by the size of my boot, one pram shop did suggest a bigger car, 🙄 however finances dictated a buggy needed to fit my existing car. If I remember rightly I also looked at the Silver Cross Surf which was just out, tiny basket and I wasn't keen on the bucket seat that reclined but meant kid was still in a seated, legs in the air postition.

Thanks mumof5, I'll investigate more into it now X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->