pre af spotting and finally bfp!!!!how we did it

trela

Reaction score
Hello
I used to have pcos took the pill fir several years since i was a teenager to regulate my cycles and after stopping it i dealt with pre af spotting up to 7-8 days prior to af!!!!
Me and my husband tried for a baby for 2 years at first without counting the days but for the last we went through a series of tests to find out what the problem was...
My husbands sperm is perfect and noone could explain my pre af spotting...i went to 4 different doctors
Progesterone was great the hsg showed my tubes were open...my hypothyroidism was regulated between 1 and 2which was perfect for conception...
However i felt that something was wrong i always believed and i am sure that i am right now that even if the egg was fertilised there was no way for it to be implanted if i already had spotting 8 days prior to my period...and thats the time of implantation...
So i started looking everywhere for info concerning my problem
I found out that many women have low b vitamins which are responsible for a healthy second phase(after ovulation)these women experience spotting before period and are unable to conceive...these women also tend to have thyroid issues!!!so please if you are trying for a baby have your thyroid checked TSH should be between 1 and 2
My endocrinologist also put me on metformin (the previous month before i conceived)which is proved to be linked with good quality eggs...and to women who have/had pcos even if they dont have the typical syndrome metformin does miracles!!!!!
So the month before i got pregnant i decided to start taking b6 vitamin after ovulation and suprise!!!my spotting appeared 2-3 before af!!!!!!!!!
The next month which was the month i got pregnant these are the things overall i did the same or differently than the previous months and surely these are responsible for succeding...
Took metformin
Had my thyroid tsh regulated between 1 and 2
Took b6 vitamin and continued for 2weeks after having a positive pregnancy test in my hands!!!i am sure it helped my endometrium to be thicker
Waited and didnt have sex until i had a positive ovulation in my hands i am sure in this way the sperm was the best(if you bd daily it weakens and i made that mistake the previous months)
We bded for 4 days in a row after the positive ovulation test
The month of conception was the first month i decided not to get up and go pee or washing after bd i washed and peed before bd and after 30 minutes after bd i used baby wipes but carefully not to kill any sperm
In these 30 minutes after bd i layed for 5minutes with a pillow under my b**t but for the next 25 minutes i turned around facing the bed with the pillow under my belly because a tipped forward uterus THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT since i read that women with tipped forward uterus help the sperm move when lying on their belly its because of this uterus anatomy the have ...i had read women who had actually tried IVF without success and had unexplained infertility got pregnant this way!!!!

So you see its a combination of factors...each woman is unique but i am sure i will help many women with my post...dont lose hope!!!
I had lost mine...but you see even i gave up hope i was trying to find info because its the worst thing the doctors to tell you you are fine not be able to find the cause of the spotting...i always wished to tell me you have this problm take this medication and you will be fine...i cried myself to sleep everynight...the worst days were the ones af arrived...and the ones i was informed about other women pregnancies...
I wish you all from the bottom of my heart to get your bfp!!!!!and i am sure you will just dont give up like i did!!!!

I am sorry for my english if something doesnt make sense you can ask me!:)

Wow congrats Trela! Wonderful news for you! :flower:

I too have spotting for at least a week before AF and it has always concerned me, my progesterone was the 1st thing I asked my dr to check at only about 6 months ttc as I was sure it must be low because of my spotting. However the day 21 progesterone test came back perfect... So no leads there. I started taking B6 to see if it might help and I've been taking it now for almost a year and unfortunately it hasn't made any difference to my spotting. I'm glad it worked for you though and it could definitely work for others :)

Wow congrats Trela! Wonderful news for you! :flower:

I too have spotting for at least a week before AF and it has always concerned me, my progesterone was the 1st thing I asked my dr to check at only about 6 months ttc as I was sure it must be low because of my spotting. However the day 21 progesterone test came back perfect... So no leads there. I started taking B6 to see if it might help and I've been taking it now for almost a year and unfortunately it hasn't made any difference to my spotting. I'm glad it worked for you though and it could definitely work for others :)

Hello sparkle !
Since your progesterone is great check your b vitamins it might not be b6 but it might be b12...also taking folic acid helps !
Are you a vegetarian?if you dislike meat the problem with the b vitamins gets worse!(as you can see i read all the scientific articles on the internet when i was ttc!)In any case check with your doctor but i know these vitamins wont do any harm...they will actually prepare you for the pregnancy period which i wish you it will come really soon!!!!i will wait for your happy news!:) :) :) :)

Thanks trela!
I have been taking folic acid since before we started trying and have been taking B12 since about the same time as B6, and I'm not vego. Wish I knew what the issue was, drs just say it's normal but I'm not sure if that's just what they say when they don't know what something is :(
Thanks for trying to help :flower:
Congrats again xx

Congrats. Im thinking i have pcos or something im really trying. To do it without. Assistance ove only used opks which r a big fail for.me since i got positive opks since.cd16-28 i haven't. Tested since im on cd30 ive spotted pink aince yesterday. And af should have been here red but nothing. Im sure its her. And now im wondering. If opks dont help me any advice?

Hello
I would be reallyhappy if i could help you!
To get this right you got positive opk up to cd16???that means you ovulated that day and to start af at cd30 makes sense(usually af comes 14 days after ovulation)

In general do you have a balanced cycle or an irregular one???
You can tell pcos by some factors such as increased weight and hair in body,acne and cysts in ovaries but the number one clue is long cycles...i wasnt the typical type of pcos(you can see if thats your case via ultrasound) i had some cysts in one ovary and irregular cycles but these were balanced after taking the pill(even thoughim sure the pill caused the 7day spotting in my cycles before af)
What happens in pcos: there is no ovulation, ovulation occurs-which means the egg breaks and then it can be fertilised- when the egg reaches a certain size usually it grows each day from cd1 and when it reaches the appropriate size it breaks!whereas in pcos it doesnt break and becomes really big so it turns into a cyst...that means there is no period and you need hormones to make af come(usually progesterone)

If you dont have these symptoms i dont see the reason why to get stressed!
How long have you been trying???
Do you use opk correctly???
If you drink a lot of fluids then you cant have a valid result...limit the amount of fluids 4hours before taking the test ,also dont use the first urine of the day since thats when the hormone that helps the egg to break builds up in your system...
What i did in order not to miss the ovulation was:the days i was sure i was expecting to ovulate i took 2 tests!one at 13.00 and one at 19.00 sometimes the surge lasts only a few hours in this way you cant miss it...its when the line gets the darkest!!!!

If you want to look further you can check your hormones via blood test the first days of af and to make sure ovulation did occur you can check progesterone the 21st day of your cycle, 7 days after ovulation...the amount of progesterone found in blood is proof if ovulation was a success!

ladies, how much of vit B6 and B12 are you taking?

I've never had pre AG spotting as such and my issue has always been high FSH and O early on CD11 but last two cycles out of the blue I started spotting from 10 DPO until AF. My LP is 13/14 days always and previously my progesterone was always good between 32-45 (you need 20 to confirm ovulation but my acupuncturist says you actually need at least 35 to support implantation). I am totally devastated about this new problem. I am taking a lot of vitamins but B6 and B12 are only the ones that come with pregnacare conception so not high doses. I take 800 of folate though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->