pre-eclampsia and premature baby

fairy_dust

Mum of 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
My son is nearly 2 now, I recently discovered I am pregnant again:cloud9:.

I had my son at 30 weeks due to having pre-eclampsia I was induced and gave birth to him within 24 minutes!!

He was in SCBU for 7 days and then on the ward with me :cloud9:

My concerns for this pregnancy are.. will this happen again? Has anyone else had a prem baby due to pre-eclampsia, I know the risks are reduced this time but I am very scared. My baby was so fail and tiny it really did break my heart.

Hiya :hugs:

I recently gave birth to my daughter 7 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia- it had gone undetected for weeks :cry: so my daughter was born weighing just 2lb 4oz at 32 weeks gestation-she stayed in SCBU for 5 and a half weeks. You lucky lucky lady having your LO on the ward with you :cloud9: Glad he is doing well now and huge congratulations on your pregnancy!

If im honest I have no idea if you can get pre-eclampsia again. All I know is they will keep an extra special eye on you now, wth the history of it. I was told there is a 1 in 10 chance of you getting it with a second pregnancy-but that also means 9 out of 10 you wont :dohh: swings and roundabouts.

Just keep an eye out and recognise the signs. Im sure you will be fine-just voice your concerns with your midwife when you see her. Good Luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->