pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

@WinterBub the shots can be confusing sometimes! Usually, the first day of Cetrotide isn't super critical because they definitely have you start injecting it before you are supposed to ovulate, so you should be all good on that front! I watched an embarrassing amount of Youtube videos before doing any of my shots because I was so scared of doing them wrong lol. Don't worry too much about the trigger shot :) It isn't too bad. Ours was actually pre-filled and pre-mixed, so I poked myself and my partner injected it in. They will probably draw a circle where it is supposed to be injected and as long as it's within the circle, it is fine. The most important part is the time of injection, which they will tell you. Ours was around 12:30AM so we went to sleep and set an alarm to make sure we did the injection at the right time.

@elencor I'm sorry you have been feeling sick! I don't think the diarrhea or antibiotics would affect implantation. I was having a lot of cramping and abdominal upset around the time of our FET and I asked my doctor if that would affect implantation and he said it definitely wouldn't. I'd just take it easy, try to think positively, and remember you are pregnant until proven otherwise :) And treat yourself to some self care! This is a very stressful and uncertain time.

Trust me, I also worried about embryo switching, or getting the sperm sample mixed up but I think that's incredibly rare and you just need to put trust in your clinic :) A mistake like that would completely ruin their credibility as well so they definitely wouldn't want that to happen.

Yeah, there's a lot of trust involved in this whole thing... LOL at your Viking joke, Nima :rofl::rofl::rofl: I was a bit put off by my Dr initially, as he runs his office in a very business way in some respects. But my OH really liked that, and did point out that he's very motivated to keep his reputation/success rate/positive reviews. That works for me! I'm glad that he's helping me, but also good that he has his own motivations for doing his best for each patient ;)

I just did my stupid cetrotide. It went better, but I feel like I have a tough time with it. Seems like liquid is left behind in the vial, and I really hate how they make you do it. My next scan is Saturday, and I'm so anxious to see all is fine, and I haven't messed anything up. Why are they making me do this myself?! ;)

When you do the trigger shot/s, do you stop stims? I think my most likely retrieval day is Tuesday or Wednesday reading between the lines of my scheduling, and my nurse showed me the trigger shots 'in case you have to trigger on the weekend'. So, we will see...!

@WinterBub I honestly hated the cetrotide! That was my least favorite one. I was super sensitive to it and would end up with softball-sized red welts that lasted for 12 hours every time I did that stupid shot. And it burned and itched! The nurses said it was a common reaction though. I also felt like I always had a little left over in the vials, even though I know I measured correctly! They probably just wanted to make absolute sure that there was enough. The shots were by far the most stressful part for me. Making sure I mixed and injected everything properly was so nerve-wracking, so seeing the scans was always so reassuring to know everything was done correctly.

If I remember correctly, they did have us stop stims on the day of trigger :) I think the day of my trigger shot, I didn't do any shots other than the trigger shot and I was so relieved. That's so exciting! You'll be doing your retrieval so soon! :)

I'm sorry you have been feeling sick! I don't think the diarrhea or antibiotics would affect implantation. I was having a lot of cramping and abdominal upset around the time of our FET and I asked my doctor if that would affect implantation and he said it definitely wouldn't.

That's reassuring, thank you ❤

Winterbub btw I once called the clinic at night because there was some liquid left at the vial of the trigger shot, they said not to worry as all these medications usually have an extra 10% more or less so you are always injecting a bit more than planned. I don't know if that's true of they just said that because it was 10pm and there was nothing we could do anyway. The day of the trigger and the next you don't have to do the stims nor the Cetrotide (at least I didn't)

Last edited:
Btw I'd like to ask something... I'm freaking out because I'm having period like cramps, it feels like af is 1-2 days away! I'm only 2dpt... Is this normal? Did this happen to you? I'm freaking out my progesterone or something might be low and I'm about to have my period!

@elencor I also had cramps after the transfer, and the following days too. I felt my body was adjusting after the retrieval and the transfer and all the hormonal changes.

@WinterBub I did have to take cetrotide the day of trigger at noon, and then trigger at night

Yes! I HATE the cetrotide. I'm paranoid I'm not doing it right, and it is giving me awful side effects. I have nausea/stomach issues, it gives me a headache, the injection site burns... The others seemed so straight forward! I really hope that I do get to trigger over the weekend. I'm anxious to reach the end without anything going wrong, and so ready to never have to do the cetrotide injection again! I'm quite nervous for my scan tomorrow. Thank you all so much for the support and feedback. ❤️

I can't comment on being post transfer, Elencor. But I had period like cramping in early pregnancy. I didn't test or even think to test, because I was sure my cycle was about to start. You can also get cramping and/or bleeding from early internal scans, so I'd think it would make sense that the physical process of the transfer could do those things too. I'll be thinking of you, and really hoping that you get a BFP very soon.

@elencor Yes, that's totally normal! I always get period cramps way before my period starts and I started having period-like cramps a couple days after my transfer and I thought I was completely out. I even called my doctor and asked if that was okay and if that would prevent implantation and they said it wouldn't prevent it at all. Progesterone also causes period-like cramps, which totally mimics PMS. Even when I got my first positive at 6 days post-transfer, I was having period-like cramps and was not expecting a positive. Try not to worry but I know it's easier said than done :). Literally all of my symptoms leading up to my BFP were exactly the same as if I was going to get my period.

Thank you, I've been repeating myself your words these days, the cramping was increasing and I was sure I was going to get my period imminently. Today I'm better though :D @WinterBub how did your scan go?

FX it is early pregnancy signs, Elencor. :) I have everything crossed for you. How many days is it since the transfer now? Will you be testing at home? Or going to manage to wait to do betas?

My scan looked fine. She said that I have 5ish follicles per side. And she was pretty sure I would be triggering on Monday. I had another cetrotide mishap. I don't know what it is with this stupid medicine. I hate it, and can't wait to be done with this! I have no problem sticking myself, but hate the pressure of handling and dealing with the medications. I called the pharmacist this morning, and they said it was fine but still on edge :shock:

Thank you dear ❤. Oh I'm definitely going to test at home, but I promised DH I'd wait until at least 7dpt, so I'll be testing on Wednesday! But it's hard, I want to test already so so bad. I'm 4dp5dt today, I'm in such a rollercoaster, yesterday I was feeling super sad and sure it wasn't going to work, today Im feeling better and excited for testing and all of that, but still anxious.

So your retrieval will be around Wednesday, that's so exciting! Also @Nima has her scan that day if I remember correctly, I hope it will be a lucky day and bring the three of us a lot of good news! You are really close to the end Winter that's so great, and hopefully you'll only have to take the Cetrotide one more day.

@WinterBub that's so exciting, I hope you are really going to trigger tomorrow and stop the stupid cetrotide.

@elencor just a couple more days and you can test! I know the depression of being sure it didn't work, but just so you know, I had it too, and it still worked... so it's just waiting now. More waiting, I know.

I'm so excited for you all! I also help Wednesday brings good news for everyone :)

@WinterBub that's a great number! Hopefully today was your last day of Cetrotide and you'll be triggering tomorrow. I hated that medication.

@elencor you'll be testing so soon! I've got everything crossed for you! :)

This is a big week for our little group! ❤️ I have everything crossed that a second line will pop up for you on Wednesday, Elencor! I know I would've caved and been secretly testing on the side. :rofl: I admire your resolve to wait until a reasonable time!

And hope that your scan goes fantastically, Nima. :hugs:how are you feeling? Did the bleeding stop completely?

I won't be triggering tonight, but will likely tomorrow. I have to go back for blood tests tomorrow to make sure, but it is 90% sure. I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. One more round of my regular meds tonight, and then it is go time. Slightly let down not to be triggering tonight, but 24hrs is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all the support ❤️ i feel so blessed to have had you all to compare notes with/to be encouraged by! Just thank you so, so much from the bottom of my heart :hugs:

@WinterBub You are very welcome! <3 I'm so thankful for this group too, fertility treatments and pregnancy are so difficult and can feel so isolating at times. And you are right, 24 hours is nothing in the grand scheme of things, I hope you get to trigger tomorrow!

And @elencor I agree with winter, you have much more strength than me! I started testing at 4dpt (knowing it was a little too early) and would get negatives and then would send myself into a spiral lol. I did get my vvvvvvfl that I didn't know was real at 5dpt but didn't have a clear line until 6 days.

Good luck winterbub! Hope you can trigger today. I have to run today but thinking of you

I'm so thankful for you too ❤ you make me feel less alone, and your support means a lot to me.
I'm sooo nervous, we were going to test this morning with FMU, but it was soo diluted :shrug::sad2: I don't understand it's always concentrated and it was almost water lol, so I'm going to try to hold it for 4 hours without drinking much and try then, I don't want to have a negative and think it's negative just because it was diluted, and then suffer more.

Winter I hope your trigger went great and your retrieval is tomorrow! :hugs:

Wow Elencor... what a strange surprise to suddenlyhave diluted pee. I admire your strength for not testing anyway and waiting.

Winterbub, thinking of you and hope all is well and your retrieval is already scheduled.

Good luck to both of you!

The scan went well today, everything looks good. I am curious to know the gender already, but will have to wait a couple more weeks.

20220921_104024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"