pre-IVF anxiety... Help!!

Guys it's POSITIVE! I'm 7dp5dt, the digital says 1-2 weeks, the cheapie has a totally visible light line. I'm so happy!! We both are! Please baby stick we love you already, we have the beta test in 5 days. Im still in shock!! I will upload a picture later ❤

Nina what a beautiful picture, I'm glad everything went great, I can't wait to be at that point

Guys it's POSITIVE! I'm 7dp5dt, the digital says 1-2 weeks, the cheapie has a totally visible light line. I'm so happy!! We both are! Please baby stick we love you already, we have the beta test in 5 days. Im still in shock!! I will upload a picture later ❤

Nina what a beautiful picture, I'm glad everything went great, I can't wait to be at that point
Omg!! I am so thrilled to read that!! Huge congratulations Elencor! This is absolutely amazing. Praying for a sticky baby for you.

GBf7exd.jpg

So happy to login and see so much good news! Wonderful scan, Nima ❤️ and im so over the moon for you, Elencor :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I did my trigger, and my retrieval will be tomorrow. I am so glad to be done with handling the medications! Hope I will join y'all on the good news train tomorrow :)

So, so happy for all of you! Three babies in our little group!!!! ❤️

@elencor omg Congratulations!! :) My fingers are crossed for a sticky baby. That is such fantastic news. I remember the feeling clearly, I was in complete disbelief when I saw my test was positive :) I had a good feeling about your transfer! I'm so happy for you :)

@Nima awww what a beautiful scan :) I'm thrilled for you.

@WinterBub yay! I'm glad you triggered and will be doing your egg retrieval tomorrow. Please keep us posted on results of your retrieval. I'm sure it will go perfectly :)

Good luck in your retrieval tomorrow Winter, fingers crossed for you for many mature eggs and good fertilization <3 the fourth baby in the group is just around the corner

Thank you, girls! FX all goes well tomorrow. I will let you know how I go, though I'm not sure how much they will say on the day. It says on my paperwork that they will call the next day. Hopeful to at least be told how many eggs I get! I don't have a high follicle count, but that's fine as my whole protocol has been "quality over quantity". It's been so lovely to watch you all do so well, and end up with those BFPs ❤️ gives me hope to join you!

Thank you so much for all your beautiful words! @Megan0625 so nice that you had a good feeling about my transfer O:)

Today's internet cheapie test doesn't look stronger than yesterday's... I'm a bit worried, I'll buy another digital and another brand for tomorrow. I can't wait to see lines getting stronger. I panic everytime that I have cramps, the only time that I've been pregnant it was a chemical miscarriage and it started with cramps:sad2: but I have to calm myself, this time is different, I have a good feeling about this pregnancy, but the beta test can't come soon enough! I'll keep you updated.

Winter good luck with the retrieval have a nice recovery! And btw how were your last days of stims, did you end up very uncomfortable?

Hugs:hugs:

Just got back from my retrieval- they got 15 eggs :) I'm expecting to lose quite a lot along the way, but am really happy with that for right now.

Don't obsess over the tests, Elencor. I had beautiful progression with what ended up being non-viable pregnancies, so I'm a bit jaded on them truly showing what is going on! You will have your scan in a few weeks, and that is SO much more important. I have a really good feeling that all is well. You have no reason to suspect anything is wrong, so be positive! ❤️ This whole process teaches us to be guarded, and that's ok. But just remember that all is looking great so far!

I did fine with the stims overall. Just felt bloated and uncomfortable. I also put on about 8lbs. :shock: I did feel pretty bad overall yesterday- I triggered with hcg and basically felt early pregnancy side effects. Very tired, and I felt morning sickness. I was doing pretty low doses of everything, so think I got off fairly easy overall. My only real issue was worrying about doing everything right!

@elencor try not to worry too much about progression with the cheapie tests. From what I understand, they usually are bad about showing proper line progression, plus HCG levels double every 48 hours so I would wait until tomorrow to test anyway :) Easier said than done though because I tested nonstop for weeks! And as for cramps, I had lots of cramps off and on all the way until I was 10 weeks pregnant. It felt like my period was about to start for a while after I first got my positive pregnancy test, then I had bad cramps around 7 weeks pregnant, and they stopped completely around the end of my 10th week. Progesterone also causes a lot of cramping. Plus your uterus starts growing almost right away so the stretching feels like period cramps. Now I'm having round ligament pain and aching pains in my abdomen so it feels very different! Try your hardest not to obsess because I did and gave myself horrible anxiety in the early days of pregnancy.

@WinterBub That's a great number, I'm so glad it went well! :) I'm glad you aren't having too bad of side effects. I was so bloated, I definitely looked pregnant by the time I went in for retrieval lol. Do you know if you are planning a fresh transfer or a FET?

We're doing PGT testing, so won't have those results for 2-3 weeks. If we have a healthy embryo, it will be an FET. I'm not sure when- depends on when those results come in/what they are, how I'm doing physically etc. I was feeling really good earlier, but not so great right now. My hat is off to all of you for going through this and then turning around and doing a fresh transfer. I'd also pushed fears of OHSS aside, but am worried about it now that the retrieval is done. Always something to worry about...!

@WinterBub that's great that you have 15 eggs! I'm sure you'll have some good embryos from those.
I also found the first hours after the retrieval to be deceivingly easy, but with time fluids and blood accumulated and I had serious pain. It did get better after 3 days even with mild ohss. I hope you have the weekend to rest, afterwards you'll be better.

@elencor I join here the choir of not looking for cheapie progression, because it's stressful and it's not really giving much information. But I also tested so much in the beginning, just couldn't stop.

It is hard not to test because the option is there! And of course we hope for reassurance...! I really think everything sounds great for you so far, Elencor. ❤️ At least the betas will be definitive numbers instead of staring at the stupid lines.

Thank you, Nima! I can really feel the pain/pressure building up, and probably haven't been taking it easy enough. I have my LO and am home alone with him for the next few hours. My OH would have stayed if I had asked him, but I said he could go to an urgent work thing. Oh well. I also haven't taken the pain meds because I have my LO. So, as soon as my OH walks in the door, I'll go ahead with that!

@WinterBub I would say you'll be feeling much better in about 3 days like Nima said :) I felt great the day of but was having some pain and discomfort for a few days after and I was completely back to normal within 5 days after. I had so much pain in my abdomen when going pee for a couple of days and was nice and bloated. I will say doing a fresh transfer was very difficult on my body and I don't know if I would do a fresh transfer all over again if I had to. I felt like my FET that was successful was so much easier and I had essentially no pain. I was also super worried about OHSS. I didn't end up getting it, but that was one of my biggest fears for sure.

@WinterBub why are you testing your embryos? I know it's the new standard in many places in the US, but just curious, if you don't mind me asking. I read a lot of conflicting evidence a out PGT and don't know if I would do it in case I only had a few (3 or less) embryos. Just carefully posting it, if you feel like questioning this now is too much, just tell me and I'll delete my question. Hope this doesn't offend you in any way. I just know it's your only shot at ivf and want the best for you.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Hoping I'll be feeling better in a few days, too. :)

Not offended at all by the question, Nima. I'm doing IVF because of recurrent miscarriages that were found out to be because of egg quality. I had three miscarriages in a year- two known to be because of chromosomal issues and the other suspected to be the same. I have PCOS and a really high egg reserve. So, my problem seems to be that I have high quantity of eggs/can fall and stay pregnant, but the eggs are low quality. PGS is my chance to minimize that risk. I don't think it is standard here yet (and it is still very expensive), but something that fits in my case, and is offered for certain circumstances.

Oh @WinterBub I'm so sorry you experienced so many losses. I understand why you want to minimize that risk. Hope you have many many embryos to test and to transfer.

@WinterBub I definitely understand wanting to PGS test in your case! We even thought about testing but our doctor didn't recommend it in our case, plus it is very expensive! We definitely would have though if we experienced recurrent losses or had reason to believe there could be a chromosomal issue. It offers some peace of mind to know you are transferring an embryo that tests chromosomally "normal". My fingers are crossed that you end up with a solid number of high-quality embryos :). You could be pregnant very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"