Pre-natal vitamins and acne

Ask4joy

Reaction score
I just started TTC this month and am currently in the 2ww - 12dpo. I am always prone to breakouts after ovulation but this month my face broke out like I've never seen. It's awful - all over my forehead, cheeks, jawline and neck. I literally think I must have 100 pimples. I just started taking prenatal vitamins at the beginning of this cycle....I think I started around CD 1 if not before. Could they be the culprit? I've also noticed very dry and super itchy skin for the past week or so. I'm constantly scratching. I've also noticed occassional rashes on my chest that look like heat rashes that come and go...my face and chest have been feeling very warm and flushed since ovulation and DH keeps commenting how I'm burning up! Anyone else experience this?

Um...have you tested? 12 dpo you could see a bfp...I've been on prenatals since last August and haven't had an issue with extra acne unless my impending af is coming. But with the rest of your list...I'd take a test hun.

Um...have you tested? 12 dpo you could see a bfp...I've been on prenatals since last August and haven't had an issue with extra acne unless my impending af is coming. But with the rest of your list...I'd take a test hun.

Yes - tested at 9dpo and test was negative but turned "positive" a few hours later...assuming that was an evap line. Tested at 10dpo and negative, no evap line and again this morning at 12dpo fmu and negative.

I did feel incredibly sharp shooting vaginal pains early in the morning at 9dpo that were crippling and brought me to tears. I've used dollar store tests...waiting until missed period to do a digital. Maybe it's still too early?

It could be too early still. I'd use frer and wait on the digital. Digital are essential sensitive so until you get a positive I'd hold off. Fingers crossed for you!

It could be too early still. I'd use frer and wait on the digital. Digital are essential sensitive so until you get a positive I'd hold off. Fingers crossed for you!

Update: AF arrived today. On to the next cycle!

Sorry your af arrived but I've also noticed a rash/ spots around my cheeks, something I've never had, I was blaming omega 3-6-9 supplements but I can now also blame the prenatals :shrug:

Wishing you luck on your next cycle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->