Pre-natal vitamins?

Shansam

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hey. I just wanted to ask a question about pre-natal vitamins.
Ive been taking folic acid only.
Am im meant to be taking more than that? or is folic acid enough :shrug:

They say you only need to take folic acid, but many people (myself included) choose to take a multivitamin, that ensures you're getting everything you need in case you have lots of MS etc. It's not compulsory, but I suppose it gives you that extra peace of mind.

In my first pregnancy I took Sanatogen's Mother to Be. This time I'm taking Pregnacare. It's up to you which you choose, as long as it has folic acid in it.

Unless you know you are getting all (or more) of your daily requirements of vitamins through your diet, it may be a good idea to take a prenatal. It also helps keep you healthy :)

Just wanted to add...my doctor really wants me to take the prenatal (prescription) that he gave me. I had trouble tolerating it, and the nurse told me that I can take my folic acid prescription and Flintstones...but honestly, I'm pretty positive that my doctor really wants me to take the prenatals, so I'm doing my best with that. I think it's because I don't have a balanced diet at ALL! But, even if I did, the baby takes a lot from you, so it is important to take the prenatals. Folic acid is the most important, I believe.

I was told by my OBG to make sure I'm getting my full vitamins that I need - esp folic acid - plus DHA. there was no DHA in my prenatal, so I take the separate supplement for it. but the folic and DHA are, from my understanding, the most important supplements, so long as you're getting good vitamin levels from food for everything else. :)

I was only on folic acid. Doc said im healthy enough and pre natals arent studied enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->