Pre-natal Yoga Dvds?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by BeccaMichelle, Sep 1, 2009.

1. BeccaMichelle

BeccaMichelle Mummy of 2

Now that I'm not puking every single day I'd really like to try to start moving around a bit. There's an aquanatal class nearby but no yoga ones that I know of so I'd really like to get a good pregnancy yoga dvd to do at home. But since there's so many of them out there, I was wondering if any of you wonderful ladies had any suggestions. Ones you've tried or liked, didn't like, etc.

Thanks!! :D

2. Laurenj22

Laurenj22 Well-Known Member

Hi

I'm interested in this aswell as I don't have any prenatal classes on an evening that are near to where I live. I've heard people mentioning Davina but wasn't sure if this was a postnatal workout, I'm going to google it whilst I remember.

x

3. BeccaMichelle

BeccaMichelle Mummy of 2

Let me know if you find one you think sounds good :)

4. Kansas

Kansas Pregnant - 2nd Trimester

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/10-Minute-Solution-Yoga/Andrea-Ambandos/e/013131354799

I use this one. I got it for a few dollars cheaper, but I really enjoy it. It's a beginners DVD, and any exercises that are too straining I just skip. I do, however, LOVE LOVE LOVE the flexibility and relaxation session. It totally relieves muscle strain from sore muscles and if you really focus it does help to relax. I wouldn't have made it through first tri without it. In fact, when I felt like doing nothing else I did the relaxation yoga, and it not only gave me a more positive attitude but it totally helped the muscles unwind and not feel like I hadn't done anything (because I pretty well slept through all of first tri..lol)

I can't wait to see what other dvds people use..

5. BeccaMichelle

BeccaMichelle Mummy of 2

Thanks Kansas! That sounds like a great recommendation to me! :) I'll have to go see if I can find it.

6. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

Hi Becca

Where about in Scotland are you? I went to mama yoga last night it was really good and the class was not full!

7. BeccaMichelle

BeccaMichelle Mummy of 2

I'm in Inverclyde, about 25 minutes north of Glasgow. :)

8. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

9. akgrown

akgrown Proud Mom of 1!!

http://www.amazon.com/Prenatal-Sola...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1251915199&sr=8-3

This is the DVD I got from Amazon and I love it. It is a pretty long workout, about 45-50 minutes but very gentle and nice relaxation at the end. My favorite part is when they point out poses you can do to help with certain things - like morning sickness and sciatica (both of which I have). It also has ladies doing the poses in each trimester so you can alter according to your abilities or how you feel. Hope this helps! XOXO

10. Brouwer

Brouwer Well-Known Member

I use one called Pregnancy Health Yoga by Tara Lee. It's great! You can do the full workout or just sections. Has sections on breathing and relaxation, labour preparation, pregnancy ailments, visualisation techniques and even a small partner section. She is also training to be a Doula.
    http://www.taraleeyoga.com/pregnancy_dvd.php