Pre-scan nerves

Impy

Reaction score
My first scan is next Tuesday (12wks) and I am just getting a bit nervous. I have not had any morning sickness at all and the only sign of me being pregnant is that my breasts have got bigger. In the last week or so they seem to have either gone down a bit or got less firm - although I am not sure if that is me just getting used to them. I had a dream a few nights ago that I went for the scan and there was nothing in there! I am sure it will be fine but I am a bit impatient about waiting to find out and would like to know for sure that all is well. Hopefully the scan will go well and I will start developing a bump soon so at least I will look pregnant rather than well rounded!

I have a scan on Tuesday as well. My '12 week' though I'll only be 11 weeks at the time. I haven't had any sickness or nausea either, but I did have a scan at 8 weeks and everything was just fine. My boobs aren't really any bigger, but they seem to fluctuate from one day to the next as to when the feel sore or not and if they feel fuller. I bought a home doppler, so I could listen to the heartbeat and reassure myself everything really was OK. I think its normal to be nervous before a scan especially for those of us who don't really get any symptoms.

Thank-you for that and good luck for your scan.

I was convinced it was going to be bad news when I had my scan on Tuesday, my symptoms seemed to disappear just over a week ago, I had a dream that I miscarried and just didnt feel pregnant :shrug:.

But guess what, all is well :happydance::happydance:, I cried with relief when I saw my little baby on the screen. I had got myself into a state for no reason at all :dohh:. Im sure your baby will be just fine too. :hugs:xx

hi there
I feel the same especially after having a MMC back in March. i still have 4 weeks to wait until my first scan!
Im trying really hard to not think about the fact I actually have a baby untill I see it. Even though I have had 2 + tests, I wont believe its going to happen until I see it there!

I have my scan on Tuesday, my symptoms seem to have gone a bit too.

I have swollen boobs but not at all sore, only symptom for me is that this is my second so I have a bump already (half bump, half fat lol).

I still can't believe I'm pg, doesn't seem real even though I had a private scan at 8 weeks. Which I was pooping myself at. And I found the heartbeat on my doppler a week ago.
Don't think I will believe it until I start to feel kicks and get heartburn.

I'm sure all will be fine, Good Luck on Tuesday :hugs:

Cx

I think distraction is the best plan. I will try and fill my time between now and Tuesday so that I don't have time to think about it. My scan is not until half two in teh afternoon so I have already decided that I will come to work in the morning even though it is 1hr 30mins in the wrong direction otherwise I will be sat at home clock watching.

good luck for your scan, im sure all is well, my symptoms have near enough gone too, apart from the really attractie spots i have :( my scan is in 12days, i'll be 12+3, im too worried, i brought a doppler tho so i can have some reasureance until then. Congrats tho and i hope the time from now goes quickly for you :) xxxxxx

hun i was exactly the same! i had read so many horror stories on this site etc, i pretty much had myself convinced there would be nothing in there! my oh was all 'itll be completely fine you are being silly' and all i kept thinking was 'you are gonna feel soooo bad when we go and find out ive had a m/c' anyway, there was nothing wrong at all- the baby was flinging itself all over the place! i truly believe you and your bean will be fine! just try and calm yourself down, cuz its not good for the wee one!! good luck! :kiss:

I know exactly how you feel! I saw the baby wriggling around on screen 3 days ago and I'm just as nervous going to the one I have in an hour as I was the very first time I had an ultrasound.

Good luck keeping distracted! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->