pre-seed questions

SkippinStones

Reaction score
So, this is the first cycle DH and I are trying preseed. I have a couple questions:

Can I put in preseed more than 15 mins before intercourse? Like how about an hour or so before? Will it just disapate?

What If I put in preseed and then don't BD afterall that moment? Should I apply it again?

Is it normal to have slight cramping after inserting the gel? (maybe I'm sticking that applicator too high up "in there")

How much is a good amount to use? I'm afraid of using the recommended because I've read SO MANY women think it's way too much. But I wonder if I'm using too little, too.

Do any of your DH's have complaints with it? As in, does it irritate their pecker? (my DH claimed that he was having some mild irritation afterwards)

One more question non preseed related:
Can washing my "area" out with regular shower soap and water effect my fertile period or my fertile CM? can soapy water get all the way up in the cervix? I've always thoroughly cleaned myself this way when I shower, and it wasn't until now (light bulb moment!) that perhaps this is the reason why it's been difficult getting pg.

So, this is the first cycle DH and I are trying preseed. I have a couple questions:

Can I put in preseed more than 15 mins before intercourse? Like how about an hour or so before? Will it just disapate?

What If I put in preseed and then don't BD afterall that moment? Should I apply it again?

Is it normal to have slight cramping after inserting the gel? (maybe I'm sticking that applicator too high up "in there")

How much is a good amount to use? I'm afraid of using the recommended because I've read SO MANY women think it's way too much. But I wonder if I'm using too little, too.

Do any of your DH's have complaints with it? As in, does it irritate their pecker? (my DH claimed that he was having some mild irritation afterwards)

Can washing my "area" out with regular shower soap and water effect my fertile period or my fertile CM? can soapy water get all the way up in the cervix? I've always thoroughly cleaned myself this way when I shower, and it wasn't until now (light bulb moment!) that perhaps this is the reason why it's been difficult getting pg.

Ive heard preseed actually kill of some sperm, apparently conceive plus is the best one out there (i just bought a tube)

Also never use soap in ur intimate area!!! thats a no go!!!!

meant to use only hot water.... and if u dont like the thought of that then u could use aqueous cream......can purchase this in pharmacies or semi chem (really cheap for a big tub)

even if ur feeling slightly irrated u can pop this on and be sure its gone by the morning.

I was told to put conceive plus up there 10 mins before bd'ing

do u use opk's?

good luck and baby dust to ya!!

L xx:happydance:

Ive heard preseed actually kill of some sperm, apparently conceive plus is the best one out there (i just bought a tube)
do u use opk's?

SERIOUSLY!????

I thought that pre-seed was THE go-to lubricant for TTCing! I've read so many great things about it! da**!

Well looking back, I shouldn't have used it when I did because I was having my own decent CM. (I think)

Now, tonight I'm pretty dry. O is 1 or 2 days away though. The past two cycles it's fallen on CD14 I guess. I'm on CD12. I figure my LP is 14 days.

I do use OPKs and got my first + this morning and another + tonight.

Wanted to hop on your question train, if that's okay! :)

If you have your own decent CM, is it best to NOT use preseed?
I plan on doing different things next cycle to increase my EWCM, and if I do would it be okay to use preseed as well or is it better to go natural?

I know two people who got their BFP using preseed. I used it for the first time last month. We do not Use more than the 2 line, due to it takes some of the feeling away. I don't think more than 15 because it will leak out. TMI The Vagina is self cleaning and using soaps can mess up your natural PH!! I hope this helps and that preseed does the trick!!

Wanted to hop on your question train, if that's okay! :)

If you have your own decent CM, is it best to NOT use preseed?
I plan on doing different things next cycle to increase my EWCM, and if I do would it be okay to use preseed as well or is it better to go natural?

That's ok!

See, I really don't know the answer to this. For example, at noon I notice that I have an abundant supply of EWCM. (yeah, it would be nice to BD at that moment, but realistically who can?) so, by the time we do BD - much much later that day, the EWCM is gone. At least when wiping. But is it still there? up within the cervix? I just don't understand this one. :wacko:
This is why I would think it's good to use pre-seed on a day you notice fertile CM. It can only help "boost" it, I'd think?

I know two people who got their BFP using preseed. I used it for the first time last month. We do not Use more than the 2 line, due to it takes some of the feeling away. I don't think more than 15 because it will leak out. TMI The Vagina is self cleaning and using soaps can mess up your natural PH!! I hope this helps and that preseed does the trick!!

Yeah, the 2 line is the most I've gone up to, too. It seems to be an okay amount.

I never thought about the natural PH in the vagina. I just figured it never irritated my area to do it this way so it was okay.
I'm a total Obsessive compulsive when it comes to feeling/smelling clean. Everywhere.
I guess I need to work on that. :blush:

That is great that it has never cause irritation. Every woman is different :) I would suggest maybe just using warm water or talk to your MD about using the soap!!

Omg I could never not use soap down there. I get bacterial infections from time to time but its the sperm that is upsetting my PH balance, soap has never done that to me personally. So preseed does take some of the feeling away? My OH is not going to be cool with that at all. Is it very slipper? I think I'm gonna stick to my plans of eating carrots and drinking GFJ from now until ovulation to increase/improve my CM and then put the preseed in a soft cup. Or would it be affective if I used a tiny bit before? I wonder how much spem it kills.. Why would it be used for people TTC if it kills sperm at all? That's weird. I would probably have to order the conceive plus online, which in that case it won't arrive on time *sigh*

PreSeed is a sperm friendly lube. It kills ( a super minor amount) some but not enough to make a different.

Like Jeo said, it kills SUCH a minor amount, it's not really a concern. I have heard MANY success stories involving preseed. GOOD LUCK! :dust:

Can washing my "area" out with regular shower soap and water effect my fertile period or my fertile CM? can soapy water get all the way up in the cervix? I've always thoroughly cleaned myself this way when I shower, and it wasn't until now (light bulb moment!) that perhaps this is the reason why it's been difficult getting pg.[/[/B]QUOTE]

Women should never douche as it destroys your natural balance inside the vagina. :nope:
As for preseed...worked for me 1st month of properly using it! Used up to 2 on the applicator seemed to do the trick...good luck.
:dust:

Congratulations tankgirl!! Hope preseed works for all of us too ! & we all get our bfp very soon,x. Good luck girls , :dust: to us all !!

apparently conceive plus is the best on the market! ive bought a tube! £9.80 eBay!!!! i'll try it out next month and let u's know x

Last pregnancy, we concieved the first month we tried pre-seed, so it worked for us! going to buy some more this weekend to try for next cycle since the past two cycles have been unsuccessful naturally :)

do u use opk's?

SERIOUSLY!????

I thought that pre-seed was THE go-to lubricant for TTCing! I've read so many great things about it! da**!

Well looking back, I shouldn't have used it when I did because I was having my own decent CM. (I think)

Now, tonight I'm pretty dry. O is 1 or 2 days away though. The past two cycles it's fallen on CD14 I guess. I'm on CD12. I figure my LP is 14 days.

I do use OPKs and got my first + this morning and another + tonight.

It does kill some, but it barely even makes a dent. Theres no reason to worry. TONS of women get their bfps using preseed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->