Pre-TTC to-dos (feedback appreciated!)

younglove

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'll be starting to TTC this month after a miscarriage last fall. I have a really busy month because I'm studying for a crazy difficult exam in 2 weeks. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to be ready :)

-I went for a prenatal check-up several months ago. Everything was OK except I had low iron so I've been taking iron supplements. My doctor said I was OK to start TTC.

-I'm taking a prenatal vitamin with folic acid

-I'm trying to eat healthy (is there anything specific I should be eating?)

-I'm trying to exercise (this is tough cause I'm busy studying but I'm doing yoga a few times per week)

-I have seasonal allergies for which I take anti-histamines. I'm planning to stop taking them on CD1 this weekend. I've been taking them this month because my allergies are TERRIBLE. Is this ok? Or should I stop taking them now?

-I take B6 and B12 (I had a history of low B12) to manage my anxiety. I also had a 11 day luteal so I was hoping this wouldn't hurt. Should I take the B6 the whole cycle, or only certain weeks?

Does anyone have any feedback on what I'm doing to prepare, or does anyone have any other suggestions??? Thanks :flower:

Didn't want to read and run but not much I can add to your regiment, all sounds good to me and the vitamins/meds you mentioned I unfortunately have no experience with...Hope it is a good and "productive" cycle for you and that you get a beautiful Rainbow Baby :)

All my Dr told me to do was take prenatals, and watch my caffeine intake, eat well/healthy, and have a healthy sex life!! As for seasonal allergies... I think you can take them...:shrug: At least I remember I was able to take them during PG. I am sure you will be fine! But if you are concerned you should ask you Dr. Other wise I think you are doing everything you can!! Now it is mother natures turn!! GL on the exams!!

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :hugs:

It sounds like you're doing a lot of good things! Not much more I could add. Re: the anti-histamines, AFAIK, they can dry up CM but otherwise don't affect you TTC. Can you find some alternative medication? Something more natural? It sounds like you really need this medication so maybe get medical advice? Your pharmacist should be able to help. Good luck!

Thank you all for the great feedback... I really appreciate it!!

It's reassuring to know that I'm doing the right things! I'm hoping next time we get a sticky bean.

Baby dust to everyone! I hope we all get bfps soon!
:flower:

all sounds really promising if you have a short luteal phase have you tried progesterone cream?? feel free to msg me if you want anymore info on it

Sorry about your loss

Probably stating the obvious here, but anyway...
I was advised stop smoking, No alcohol, No recreational drugs, and reduce caffeine -personally I switched to caffeine free tea and only occasionally drink (and smoke too when drinking :() and never do recreational drugs so only caffeine I have had to give up.
Folic acid and Vitamin D ( prob dependant on where you live lol; and whether or not you get much sunshine -we get very little lol)
And if on prescription meds get advice from doctor before stopping taking them, and before try to conceive - but you will have done that already with your health check; and already taking pre-natals , so sounds all good to go. Good Luck

Once pregnant you are advised against non pasteurised milk, unpasteurised cheeses (soft cheese), liver (too much Vit A),Pate, shellfish and soft egg yolks so I tend to steer clear in 2ww just in case lmao

All the best of luck to you xx

I was also just recently told to take a baby asprin (or low dose asprin) daily.

I have hear the low dose aspirin too, not for me to take it for someone that has problems getting PG and staying PG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->