Pre-Washing Nappies

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
What do I have to do?

My first two brand new and gorgeous this morning (big thanks thelilbump) but I don't know what I need to do with them before use :blush:

xx

what nappies hun? Microfibre or bamboo? :D

I soak my microfibre/bamboo for a few hours, and then do a wash with my other nappies, rinse and use! This will be fine for microfibre but bamboo will take a good few washes to reach max absorbency!

I'd agree with soaking and a few washes depending on the material. To be honest, I don't prewash at all anymore, it kills me to wash a clean nappy! When I put a new one on her I just bear in mind that it won't be particularly absorbant so change it after an hour or two :D

The blueberry and the itti. Think they're microfibre xx

Blueberrys are microfibre and hemp so hemp would take a bit more to become absorbent. Itti Bitti SIO are bamboo and I think the AIO are bamboo and microfibre. So they'd all take a little while to get going.

i dont mean to hijack, but hopefully help...

what do you soak them in? nappy soak or just water?

Ittis are all bamboo/cotton mix, they need more to reach absorbency.

Re Soaking, take the inserts out of the SIO and the Blueberry and chuck them in a sink/bucket of warm water with the whole of the AIO. Give them a good old swishy about and leave them a few hours. Change the water after 2/3 hours, squish and swish them around again. Do this about every 3-4 hours til you go to bed and then leave them in some water til the morning. The shove them in the machine with other stuff you can just use a small amount of detergent with (such as fairly clean clothes) so get the benefit of the rinse cycle...then hang dry and use!
This is the method I use with all my nappies and I can go and use them overnight after doing this with no problems. I do sometimes add a tiny squirt of fairy liquid to the first soak.

I just chuck them in her bath water when she's finished and leave them overnight! Not much science to it for me! :haha:

I'd agree with soaking and a few washes depending on the material. To be honest, I don't prewash at all anymore, it kills me to wash a clean nappy! When I put a new one on her I just bear in mind that it won't be particularly absorbant so change it after an hour or two :D

I did that this morn. They looked so cute. So now I'm just gonna wash them with an extra rinse first. That's okay right? I'll just not leave them on too long until they're been washed a few times. xx

sounds about right yes. The blueberry will take more washing to get up to full absorbancy i think it's up to 10, but the itti less. I always just rememeber if they are new nappies and only allow LO to wear for half the time she might normally.

Glad you got them safely :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->