Pre-washing recommendations

gina8177

Married with 1 baby boy
Reaction score
I am starting to get a good stash of diapers and was wondering how many cycles of pre-washing you recommend.

I have fuzzi-bunz perfect size pockets and bumgenius organic one size. I know they should be pre-washed seperately and that the bumgenius organic take more pre-washes. But I was wondering what you all found worked as a good number of prewashes for each type.

Also, do you use detergent in each pre-wash? Do you have to dry between each wash or wash back to back and then dry once?

Thanks!

I don't have either of those nappies but I put my new nappies in a wash when my others go on and then just use them without more prewashing but being aware that they won't be particularly absorbant for a while so change the nappy more frequently. It just feels wrong to me to be constantly washing new nappies! I don't always use detergent and wouldn't bother drying.

I usually do a rinse, wash, rinse...they get dry enough in the spin to count as getting wet-then dry-then wet again...increasing absorbency.

But i do what Lu does, just get them on their bum after the above and just change it sooner than I would a fully absorbent one!

i hate washing clean nappies - so i do a rinse, wash with detergent then another rinse. then start using for short use.

the bg organics take a good 8 washes before they reach a good level of absorbency. can't comment on fuzzibunz though never had them from new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->