preeclampsia

oliv

Reaction score
I had preeclampsia with my DD but was never told about it until I was in labour :growlmad:

Has anybody else had it on a previous pregnancy? How was it handled in your next one? Did you get special care?

Hiya hun

There's a huge thread with hundreds of responses in Gestational Complications:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g.../1557727-pre-eclampsia-did-you-get-again.html

You'll see it's different for everyone...

HTH!

xx

I'm already being monitored in this pregnancy. Blood and urine tests already.........hoping it doesnt happen again as I would love a natural labour this time instead of being induced

With my son I had super hight blood pressure but they said it never developed into pre eclampsia (per lack of protein in my urine..) They let it go far too long.. I really should have been induced for it but they let me go 6 days past my due date.. it got so bad in the hospital that I had oxygen and drs surrounding me constantly.. but nothing was done about the high blood pressure until I was a month post partum! ugh..

I switched dr's after that.. I had slightly elevated blood pressure with my daughter but no where near as bad as with my son. Nothing special was done in that pregnancy.

This time the dr I saw (same practice, but you don't always see the same dr every appointment) was concerned about the high blood pressure with my first and did a 24 hour urine test last week (idk why she did it so freaking early..) never heard anything back so far so I assume it went well.

I was told that if pre eclampsia is going to be an issue it likely won't start until 20 weeks or later.. at that point they will probably give you a 24 hour urine test as well if it does start to elevate. Especially if protein is detected in your urine.. then go from there.

Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->