• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Preemie Formula Question

kerribella

Reaction score
My daughter was born prem at 31+4 weeks in September, she is now 9 weeks (1 week corrected) age and she was discharged from hospital with SMA Gold Prem 2 formula which they told us she would be on for about 5 months.

First couple of weeks have been okay, she feeds okay but she has terrible trouble with wind, mainly trapped wind. I've tried usuing Infacol which doesn't seem to do very much for her and I'm wondering if it's the milk making her really windy?

My other kids (not preemie) were on normal forumla milk and I never had this type of trouble before.

She has started to wake between feeds screaming in pain with wind, poor thing. All we can do is wind her and hope it comes out which it does sometimes but other times she cries until she manages to fart it all out in the nappy end! I feel so sorry for her as there's little I can do.

Is the formula to blame? She is doing so well putting on weight that I wonder if she could just switch to a normal SMA and she wouldn't be quite so windy? Any advice?

Hi, my twins were born at 31 weeks now 10 months, one of my girls was discharged on 'cow and gate nutriprem 2' and is still on it, the only problem she's had with it is bad constipation bless her so is also taking something for it everyday which helps. It might be worth investigating changing to another prem formula especially if your daughter needs to catch up on her weight, hope things settle for her soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->