Preemie immunization

bgserv

Reaction score
Hi, I have my baby delivered at 25 weeks. She is 2.5 month already, still in NICU, but doing good! It's a time to do immunization. I'm so worry! Should we do now or we could wait until she is stronger? She still gonna be in NICU for another month or two. I feel pressure from doctors to do it now. Any one experienced this situation?

I had amelia done at her actual age and she was a 27 weeker so not too much difference. We had no problems I didnt really question it tbh x

We had Elias vaccinated the day before he was discharged (he was born at 28.6 weeks and was in the NICU for 60 days). They tried to pressure us to vaccinate him earlier, but we felt he was far too small and vulnerable, so we waited. If that's what you want to do, do it. Don't let them pressure you into something you don't want.

Andrew was immunised once they knew he was being discharged (so about a week before he came home). There was no pressure to do it any earlier, and I probably would have resisted on the grounds of his fragility.

Holly got her first set about 10 weeks old and her second ones 4 weeks later. She didn't handle her first set very well and had quite a few brady's but they also stopped caffeine at the same time and she developed a cold so don't think it was specific to the jab. I told them I wanted the second lot done before she was discharged and monitored for a day. The second lot she handled great.

I had them done at her actual age, she was a 27weeker too.

Thank you for sharing with me. I think we should do it also before discharging her from the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->