Preggers and been though the ringer

Emskins

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well where do I start with this one? Firstly I got my :bfp: on Sunday after 6 months of TTC so I am over the moon! I was a little skeptical at first as I just wanted to be sure-if you know what I mean as I have only every had :bfn: and couldn't believe it! I am sooo happy, excited, nervous-every emotion really!!

This is where it gets complicated!
At the same time, I also had an ingrown hair in my groin that went bad and I have just got out of hospital today after going to emergency on Monday night expecting to get some antibiotics that would be safe for me to take ( I am appx 4 weeks) but I was told I would have to have surgery as I was showing signs of an infection and had an absess under the skin (gross!)!! This made me really scared as the fact that I was finally pregant was just sinking in and the thought of having surgery at this point was really terrifying, I had only know for 24 hrs!. Anyway-they sent me to the Gynie dept where they did an ultrasound on me but I am too early so we could not see anything yet although the nurse said my uterus was looking very pregnant and good (relief!!)

I had the surgery on Tuesday morning and they gave me a spinal anaesthetic (a variation on the epidural) but with the same effect, very nerve wracking, everything is fine now and I am recovering well. I just wanted to share my experience with someone as I recently moved to Switzerland and I have no family or friends here and it was a very traumatic experience to through. My boyfriend has been great but he has had to work so I have been a bit lonely and stressed by the whole thing. I am scheduled for another early ultra sound in 10 days, I really hope everything is OK with my baby after all of this, has anyone else gone through surgery while pregnant? I want to celebrate that I am pregnant but this has put a dampner of the situation and I feel all out of sorts-my emotions are all over the place, now that I am home and recovering I can focus on getting healthy and sort my head out!

Wish me and my bean luck!

Em
x

Sounds like you've been through a lot emotionally and physically in a short amount of time. But hopefully not that the surgery is done you'll be able to enjoy yourself and pregnancy till the end. Congratulations!!! :D

Thanks Diana-it has def been an emotional rollercoaster! It has really made me miss my family and friends-they all live 9 hours behind so talking with them is not always easy!

That does have to be hard!

Congratulations! I am sure everything will be ok.

xxx

Congrats on the :bfp: hun and, now you don't have an infection and the surgery is over I have my FX that your pregnancy will continue for the nxt 8mths and, you will have a happy and healthy bouncing baby:hugs:

Congratulations on your :bfp: you poor thing having the stress of the surgery! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoother for you x

congrats! wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Congrats hun!
I'm sure everything will be perfect! Just stay positive! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->