Pregnacare

Kirstin

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is taking it? Or any other pregnancy multivits?

The pregnacare ones are so big I keep thinking I'm going to choke :rofl:

I take pregnacare which i found really difficult at first but mow i put loads of water in my mouth first then the pregnacare then loads more water!!

I'm taking Tommy's multi vits. I'm a big baby when it comes to swallowing tablets and these were smaller and more manageable.

I take Centrum Materna (I live in Canada). The caplets are huge, too! I ended up cutting them in 2 pieces.....couldn't swallow them whole!

I'm still taking pregacare and at first they took some getting used too and sometimes they did make me sick, but now am fine

Sxx

i'm taking sanatogen pronatal which i think are similar to pregnacare, they're pretty big too but i was used to taking big tablets from taking huge evening primrose oil ones when ttc! i just use lots of water too (although they do make me gag a bit now) - lots of water afterwards helps

im taking pregnacare, have not had any problems with them so far! xx

I was on pregnacare then i compared them to the superdrug own brand and realised superdrug has clacium in which pregnacare doesnt. Plus they cheaper!. They are big but lots of water helps!

im ttaking santogen pregnacare too and they are big tablets:(

snap !! i was gonna buy pregnacare but saw superdrugs preganancy vits was a better vitmamin for alot cheaper :happydance: but they are still rather large to swallow ! loads of drink put um as far back in ya mouth as possible before ya swallow :hug:

ive always taken pregnacare right through to finishing breast feeding at 10 months for all 4 of mine and i will do the same this time i highly recomend it:happydance:

I got them at Boots they were on 3 for 2 so got 3 packs for only £10 :D

I'm just taking Boots follic acid which are tiny and nice and easy to swallow - 3 for 2. My doctor advised eating healthily and getting vitamins from fresh food rather than vitamin pills which she said are a bit of a rip off.

Plenty of fresh veg and fruits, milk and dairy products, all much better off with it fresh.

D
xxx

I tried taking pregnacare, and did in fact take it for a few weeks leading up to our :bfp: and a couple of weeks afterwards but i had some really bad side effects.

My stomach had to be completely full before i took it or within an hour of taking it i would have the runs! :blush:

And when i say a full stomach i don't just mean take it after my main meal, i mean i had to have eaten A LOT that day then a decent evening meal then take it, or else it went straight through me!

I persevered but i work shifts so found it hard to make sure i had always had a good feed before taking it, so bought some straight up tesco own brand folic acid and take those every morning without fail with my cereal and juice.

I would have liked to take the pregnacare all the way through, i have loads of tablets left, but it just wasn't working out for me!

It's all very well eating a healthy diet and I agree it is the best way to get the vitamins but when you sturggle to eat much or certain food groups at least the vits ensure baby and u are getting what you need! Would recommned the superdrug ones if ppl are struggling with food. I alos get them as I am struggling eating dairy and was worried about clacium and found these had them so I would rather take the vits than risk us going without!

I am not taking any of these. Should i be? My doc never mentioned it and i dont have a MW appt until the 2nd June.

????

:hug:

I've got 'pregnancy care' from superdrug.

I looked at the pregnacare and compared it to the others and they've got the same vits/mins in but mine were half the price of the pregnacare!

I'll be jiggered if I'm paying over £10 a month for supplements....this year is going to get expensive enough as it is (so long as this bean sticks!)

wendy you need to be taking at least folic acid, supplements are helpful to get other vits too tho if ur suffering morning sickness & or are off your food a bit too

wendy you need to be taking at least folic acid, supplements are helpful to get other vits too tho if ur suffering morning sickness & or are off your food a bit too

No morning sickness and i am definatley not off my food, in fact i am eating for Britain. LOL

Doc must have forgotten to mention this. Will buy folic acid today and some pregnancy vits (i presume it will say this on the bottle).

Thanks hun.

:hug:

Hun if you but the pregancy vits then you will find they have folic acide in them! If you are eating well then jjust go for the folic acid its a much cheaper option :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->