Pregnancy after miscarrage

L41ney

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post, need some advice.

I had a miscarriage on the 23rd December 2010 since then I have not had a period so I decided to do a pregnancy test (clear view digital) on the 27th January 2011, which showed that I was pregnant (1-2) which according to the box means that I am 3-4 weeks pregnant.

My question is do you think this is a pregnancy or still hormones lurking about since my miscarriage. I know this might sound like a daft question but I don't want to get my hopes up.

hi lainey. i don't know the answer but don't want to read and run, especially with this being your first post! we had erpc due to mmc on 13th January (so 16 days ago) and i haven't taken another test (as i know i will be in bits if it still says positive) so i can't even tell you my experience.

from what i have read and been told my by our doctors, i would say it could be either. i think that if i were in your position, i would do another digital test in one week to see if it the weeks have increased. i know that doesn't help and leaves you in limbo for a week so i hope somebody provides you with a better suggestion!!!

best of luck... i hope you get the answer you want!

much love,

Hi love, I doubt it is old hcg, normally that goes between 1-2 weeks. I had to keep testing after until it was negative did you do the same? I'd still go and see your doctor in case you have retained any product from the last one. Congrats if it is a new pregnancy it happens to a lot of us. X

Hi guys, thanks very much for replying, I took another pregnancy test this morning which now reads (2-3) which means I am 4-5 weeks so my hcg levels must be rising. I'm still gonna go to the docs and ask to get my bloods checked. If this is a new pregnancy then I hope all goes well, I'm a wee bit nervous.

My miscarriage in December was due to a blighted ovum, I got rescanned on the 10th of jan and was told everything was away. So I'm hoping this is a new pregnancy and not hormones lurking from my miscarriage. I'll post again once I've been to doctors.

i had a misscarrage 2 years ago and it wa s amissed misscarragei didnt know till went fo my first scan n i had to have a dnc :( do u think this time everything will b fine im on 3 or 6 weeks i dont know yet i did a test 4 days ago n i was a week late... i have the odd craps but i looked it up and they say its normal is it??? xxx

hiya im kelly i had a misscarrage 2 years ago and they told me i may miss 2 periods and if i did a test it may still come up posative and it wouldnt be its just body messed up still but then u could b but its been 2 years without controception for me to fall pregnant again ,,,, sooo wish u the best of luck id go see ur doctor just incase :hugs: xxx

Thanks Kelly, I'm going to phone docs tomorrow and ask to get my bloods checked. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->