pregnancy after miscarriage ?'s

mommy2lexi

3rd Trimester!!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, first I was to say sorry for all the losses out there.... :(

A bit of history: I am 27 and have a 1.5 year old daughter (took a year to get prego w/ her). We decided to have one more and I got pregnant on our second month of trying. Miscarried really early (not sure exactly when) and had to have a D&C at 7 weeks when an er visit showed no heartbeat at 6 weeks. I knew something was wrong as I started spotting at 5 weeks and that never stopped :(

D&C date June 4th. I very mildly spotted for about a week. Then nothing for a week then starting on the 18th I had full on bleed w/ a little cramping that lasted 5 days. I considered this my period as it was exactly like my periods are. I went to my follow up post D&C appt and the dr. said there is no way I can have a period two weeks after D&C. Has anyone out there had their period that soon after the surgery?? I was thinking it was possible esspecially since I wasn't very far along.

Everything since has been fine....I was having some cramping during the past week...which I am hoping was ovulation pains. I am hoping we can get pregnant immediately. During the follow up the dr. did give us the go head and said my uturus was fine and back to normal size, but she never ordered a HCG count????

Sorry this was so long, but I know it helps to answer ?'s when there is some history. This was my first miscarriage :( Anyone have a period soon after D&C and get pregnant soon after as well????

Hello mommy,

This is a father of a 25 weeker preterm baby (born 50 days back & in NICU) and i happen to see this post from you. My wife had a miscarriage last year around June'09 at her 16th week of pregnancy and a D&C was advised by doctor. I remember we were very scared of the time of onset of her menstrual cycle, fortunately her periods just happened on her usual dates as normal the next month.
Since my wife's cervix was too weak (after delivering 16 weeker by normal means) and uterus walls were fragile after D&C Dr. advised us to not plan for another baby before 6 months.

Hope things happen at its own pace and time.
All the very best.

Hi,

I had a D&C on March 24th of this year. I was 12 weeks and the baby had died at 8 weeks. I had just a bit of spotting for a few days, then nothing a for about a week. Then I started bleeding again. I too thought it was my first AF. I took a HPT and it was positive, so I realized then that the bleeding was from the D&C and not my AF. My first AF didn't show up for 7 weeks post D&C.

Have you tried taking an HPT? Also, I found it helpful to take my BBT. I could tell from my temps that I OV'd at around 5 weeks post D&C.

Hope this helps.......

Thanks for your personal feedback :) Mind if I ask when the bleeding began again was it a lot? Like a period? How did you know that taking an HPT and getting a positive meant it wasn't a period? Sorry I am just totally new to this and never had issues w/ my daughter (other than taking a year to get prego w/ her!!). I have an HPT from an ovulation kit...I was kinda waiting to take it until I may be prego, but if it would help explain things I would take it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->