Pregnancy and Cats

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
In previous pregnancies have any of yours cats behaviours changed?

I didn't have my cat in my first pregnancy. I am now 7 days late and no sign of AF. I have had various indents but today after having them tweaked on another site I think there is a slight pink line coming up - https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/1945681-6-days-late-indents-bfn.html

Anyways, my cat (he's 10months old) has gone really affectionate. He's never really been a nice cat but just recently he's gone so nice and spends most nights on my knee. If he's sat at one end of the sofa and I sit at the other he gets up and climbs on my knee. Can they really sense things? He's like a little shadow! :lol:
https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/null_zps5e7e8667.jpg

I think so.... mine is much more affectionate when I'm pregnant and constantly wants to sit on me. He's usually outside hunting, so it's really noticeable. A def sign of pregnancy for me!

My cat will not leave me alone (both pregnancies) constantly by my side, ontop of me annoying lol. Than once we had baby, he avoided me for about 6 months unless I had food.

My cat laid on me the other day when I went for a nap which is really unusual & she keeps on sitting with me on the side of the sofa which is again unusual :) as she loves to sit with my oh

My cat roxy would never leave me alone during my first :)

My eldest cat who sadly passed away 2 years ago, when i was pregnant with my first she got really shitty with me at first, would literally growl at me.. and with my second she would not leave me alone. So yes they definitely pick up on something as both times it was before i even knew.

I thought I was crazy! My guys won't leave me alone. My boy's usually very affectionate, but even he's more so than usual.

wonder if it has to do with a higher body temperature...

I can't remember, we had 2 cats when I was pregnant...oh actually I was already pregnant when we picked them up (didn't realise) so I wouldn't have noticed a difference. I've heard of them becoming more affectionate though when your pregnant.

I don't know as i am currently TTC#1 but I have a cat so I am TOTALLY going to look out for it as a symptom! Hehe

Mine have just been as git like as always, no different really. But they're very affectionate anyway so I doubt if I would notice a difference.

Mine have just been as git like as always, no different really. But they're very affectionate anyway so I doubt if I would notice a difference.

Mine normally is decently affectionate, but she now will just be fine, then suddenly bite me and run off...then come back later and want to be pet. She honestly has been a JERK for the last month...so I can tell she aint to happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->